Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ranger trail factory trailer step

Has anyone got the new Ranger trailer steps with the pole to hold on to? I was just wondering how to mount them. I got them in from Ranger but they have absolutely no instructions.

2. Member
    OP,

If you don't mind me asking, can you PM me what Ranger charges? I have been thinking about getting a set if it is the one that is like a half moon and mounts to the starboard side trailer. I just don't remember a pole to assist you.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Check out www.trickstep.com, you'll be glad you did.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassinracer View Post
    Check out www.trickstep.com, you'll be glad you did.
    Bassinracer,

I believe I have looked at the tricksteps but they extended beyond the trailer tongue hinge point and with only 2" to spare between that point and my garage door the tricks would not work.

Thanks though.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

5. Member
    Here are some pics of one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow those look great. Didn't know ranger made any. U get directly from ranger parts department?

7. Member
    My local dealer Anglers Choice ordered them for me. These are not mine. I have not got mine installed yet. I am not sure how to mount them because the factory tabs that hold the original step are in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by cfm56doc View Post
    OP,

If you don't mind me asking, can you PM me what Ranger charges? I have been thinking about getting a set if it is the one that is like a half moon and mounts to the starboard side trailer. I just don't remember a pole to assist you.
    Insterested in this as well if you don't mind sending me a pm as well. I greatly appreciate it.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

IMG-5918.JPG I ordered them from Ranger about a year ago and installed them. They came with no instructions, but not too hard to figure out. They are a very well engineered product and it comes with the wiring already made up to plug into the existing trailer wiring. The step system was around $700 shipped by Tractor Trailer, a very large box.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RngrBill; 12-02-2019 at 01:20 PM.

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

What is the wiring for? Thought it was just steps... I have a big fiberglass step deal that goes around the whole front of my trailer. I wish i could get one of these but it is a no go.

11. Member
    I installed the Trick Steps on my boat last week and am very happy with them. And you don't have to remove the Ranger trailer step. Best of both worlds.
    Last edited by rangerranger; 08-02-2017 at 09:47 AM.

12. Member
    does ranger make these for the aluminum i beam trailer on the intracoastal ?

13. Member
    I am not sure. You would have to just call the Ranger parts dept.

14. Member
    I don`t believe they work with aluminum framed trailers
    Quote Originally Posted by bbecnel View Post
    does ranger make these for the aluminum i beam trailer on the intracoastal ?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfm56doc View Post
    Bassinracer,

I believe I have looked at the tricksteps but they extended beyond the trailer tongue hinge point and with only 2" to spare between that point and my garage door the tricks would not work.

Thanks though.
    LOL! I have the trick step, and I have it down to a science of how to get it to fit in my garage with about 1/2" to spare. I lower the engine, turn it to one side. and the slightly angle to boat. that being said, it is well worth the trouble to have the trick step. makes it sooooo much easier when loading and launching, especially when I am by myself. oh, and its about 1/2 the price of the Ranger step.
    2016 Ranger Z518
    Mercury 150 HP Fourstroke

16. Member
    TrickStep

17. Member
    Angling the boat in the garage is not an option for a step. I can't help but look at that as spending money to no longer be able to park it straight in my garage. Maybe it works for some folks, but not this guy.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

18. Member
    bbecnel,
    When I spoke to Ranger about the steps for my Intracoastal, I beam trailer, I was told engineering could come up with a plan, but the big step would have to be removed. Since I paid good money for that step, I decided to pass, at least for now. I have a buddy that has the Trick Step on his aluminum, I beam and kept his original step. On the I beam trailer, the Trick Step attaches to the winch tower, with a spacer, versus the trailer frame itself.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

19. Member
    Way Cool. Looking into getting the bottom tier only for my RT 178. My Ranger Aluminum bass boat. So what are the light kits for if you don't mind?
    2013 Ranger RT178
    60Hp 4 Stroke
    55 lb thrust Minn Kota Edge
    Lowrance Hook 9/ Bow
    Lowrance Elite 5/ Console

20. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Chris, I don’t know who you are asking the lights question, but whoever it is, the post is almost a year and a half old. Could you clarify, or start another thread? Thanks. Hope we can help.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast