Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    if any of you guys take one of half moon steps off (old factory style that bolted to the frame) i would be interested in it thanks
    Last edited by buster502; 11-29-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Just got a Trick Step with a 10% Black Friday discount( not much but better than nothing). Hope to install this weekend.

I love the Trick Step on my Ranger. The Tig welding is superb! Could'nt ask for more. Sorry I didn't buy it sooner.
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Mercury Pro XS 200
    Lowrance, HDS Live, BBT mounts, Ghost, AT1, Power Poles, Charge

4. Member
    what about mounting on a older Ranger Trail , ive got a 361V and the post with the roller is straight up and not at a angle like the new boats

5. Member
    Factory step can obscure clearance light, so step structure has an additional clearance light built in and wiring plugs into existing trailer lighting.
    2015 Ranger 620vs
    2015 Mercury 250 ProXS, 9.9 Bigfoot Kicker
    24P Brovo I FS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeT@1954 View Post
    what about mounting on a older Ranger Trail , ive got a 361V and the post with the roller is straight up and not at a angle like the new boats
    Mike, contact Mark at trickstep.com > They make many different mounting systems for different boats , sizes and shapes of posts . I would imagine they have something that works for you and they are great to work with... You will love it for sure....

7. Member
    Hello, I'm new to BBC and owning a Ranger Boat, I want to install steps and getting a Ranger product would be best for fit/functionality has anyone had problems with theirs? My biggest concern is hitting the hand rail or step during the trailer process, any issues in that regard?

I have the Ranger step system and there are no concerns of the step system hitting the back of your vehicle, unless you go into a jackknifing condition.

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

Quote Originally Posted by RngrBill View Post
    I have the Ranger step system and there are no concerns of the step system hitting the back of your vehicle, unless you go into a jackknifing condition.
    This is why I went with the Ranger system.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern1958 View Post
    Hello, I'm new to BBC and owning a Ranger Boat, I want to install steps and getting a Ranger product would be best for fit/functionality has anyone had problems with theirs? My biggest concern is hitting the hand rail or step during the trailer process, any issues in that regard?
    The Ranger step is well built and well designed. Its more expensive than the Trick Step but definitely not built any better. I opted for the Trick Step because you have to remove the side step which I already had spent money for. If I did not have the side step I would have probably considered buying the Ranger step instead. At that point the $300 or so more for the Ranger step is no big deal considering the price of the boat. Jackknifing and hitting your tow vehicle can be an issue with the Trick Step when backing it up on some boat installations. I have a solid 90 degree angle I have to make when I back my boat up in the driveway. I have had no issue in doing so.

11. Member
    Howmuch did the steps from ranger cost?!

12. Member
    Howmuch did they cost. The ones from ranger ?

13. Member
    Just call a Ranger dealer and ask. ^

Boat EFX Boat Steps are what I have on my Z520c trailer and they are excellent.

Closeup1a.jpg backview1a.jpg

They are very strong and look great.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois

15. Member
    The only warning I have for you, is if you have multiple graphs on your bow, it is not as easy to get out of the boat as the majority of the steps do not go back far enough for me resulting in an awkward giant step. to get around the graphs. I have the Boat EFX steps and they work ok but is awkward . Thhere has to be a better design possibly by extending the top step.

16. Member
    Very true [see below]. I’ve noticed the same thing on my boat with dual graphs on the front and a Trick Step. Also a little more awkward stepping into the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    The only warning I have for you, is if you have multiple graphs on your bow, it is not as easy to get out of the boat as the majority of the steps do not go back far enough for me resulting in an awkward giant step. to get around the graphs. I have the Boat EFX steps and they work ok but is awkward . Thhere has to be a better design possibly by extending the top step.

Just put mine today... love how sturdy and HD the whole setup is.
    I have a stackable dual mount for both front graphs (just haven't got to that job yet) but not sure how it'll be not banging my calf muscle each time or hoping not to miss the factory half-moon step on the trailer when loading and unloading the boat.
    IMG_20240215_154700.jpg

I put a Beast Outdoors step on my new Z519 trailer. Very solid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12