Six Beeps- 2013 Mercury Pro XS 150

I have been having an issue with my motor, I am getting the six beeps, after long idle runs, sometimes I get the engine rev limiter, others times not.

I have vessel view mobile and have been watching the faults, it says I may have a water intake issue, and/or a sensor sensing an overheat. I am watching the temperature when the six beeps go off, it is usually around 148 and 153 degrees, I have no issues when the temp is higher or lower. I have a good water stream coming out of the motor. One thing I have noticed when this happens I am getting more than usual white smoke coming out of the exhaust. Motor runs great when on a plane, or high RPMs, only happens when idling for long runs, in no wake zones.

Most times the fault reset, a few times I have had to turn the motor off then back on to get any power back out of the motor.

I have already cleaned out the compressor screen.

Any ideas?

2013 Mercury Pro XS 150

2. Member
    What is idle water pressure? When was the water pump last replaced?

Beyond that - WARNING HORN "BEEPED"
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    I dont have anything to tell me the water pressure, I have not replaced the water pump. I am planning on replacing the impeller this week though.

4. Member
    Make sure to change all of the gaskets as well.

5. Member
    Pretty sure all the gaskets come with the kit I purchased

6. Member
    3 gaskets and the plate in addition to impeller. This service is recommended every 100hrs or annually whichever comes first. If the water pump has never been replaced it's overdue. Great resources in the FAQs at top of this and 3L forum.

Recommended Annual Maintenance or Winterization for Optimax Engines
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Member
    Thanks for the info

8. Member
    Changed the impeller this week. Took the boat out today to the same idle only lake, I did not get the six beeps going across the lake, or at any time. I did notice that the temp was significantly lower during the idle runs, and the water stream seemed to be stronger. The old impeller was out of round in the middle. So hopefully the impeller change solved my problem. Thanks for the advice.

9. Member
    Good to hear. For best results, follow the recommended service intervals in the link posted above.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax