Ohorn

Motor Crooked on a Z21

OK need some input on a Z21 that I just took into service to have them look at? The engine is 5/16" lower on one side and it came that way from the dealer! They took pictures and sent them in for Tracker to look at? Any words of wisdom or has anyone experience this?

Thanks!

2. Member
    Was the boat handling normal?
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL Pro
    2023 Pro XS 250
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Dual CM2 8' Blades

Tow Vehicle
    2022 GMC AT4 3500 HD Crew Cab Duramax
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

3. Member
    If i remember right there was a guy on here who had a similar issue with his nitro. I think the dealership wanted to re-drill the holes in his jack plate or his transom or both. I cant re-call.....hopefully he chines in for some help for you
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

So it's 5/16ths off the center of the keel?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    A good fiberglass shop can literally build a transom back on that has been ripped from the boat with out you being able to tell so this can easily be fixed and redialed correctly. And thats the right way to handle it. Factories use jigs to drill engine mounting holes and they should be dead on.

6. Member
    any pictures?

7. Member
    Measure from the pad not the transom cap.

8. Ohorn
    I did not measure form the pad I measured from the top of the cap but if you look at it form behind it is noticeably crooked or if I put a level on it! The boat is at the Tracker service center waiting on word from Tracker on what to do next? When they looked at it they agreed it is not vertical.

Thanks!

9. Member
    Is boat sitting level on trailer? 5/16 is not a lot. Unless your very mechanical most would never notice 5/16. If it is off it's not right and I'd be very involved in knowing how they plan to fix
    Nitro z21

10. Member
    Got a 2017 Z19 and the boat came from the factory with jack plate about 3/8 " lower on left side. When you start trimming up at full speed you will notice the rear of the boat will make a quick kick to the side. I have been told it goes back to the factory. Also screws in trailer are sticking out too far on side bunks and damaging the gel coat. Did I mention the glove box is mounted so crooked in the console that it is nearly impossible to open and the welds keep breaking loose on the trailer fenders? Love the boat but damn!!!
    Last edited by zeke4351; 08-01-2017 at 06:46 PM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Is boat sitting level on trailer? 5/16 is not a lot. Unless your very mechanical most would never notice 5/16. If it is off it's not right and I'd be very involved in knowing how they plan to fix
    You'd be surprised how good the eye is at picking out misalignments much smaller than 5/16."

12. Member
    I know a guy that his motor was mounted crooked a few years ago and it went back Tracker to get fixed.

13. Ohorn
    Is it asking to much for them to replace the boat? I really don't want them to take it back to the factory I live in Ohio and plan on going South Carolina this winter!

Thanks!

14. Member
    Z20 here, ran into the same thing, was off about 5/16" on the one side.
    2016 Z20 Pro
    Ultrex, Lowrance, Merc Monitor, NMEA 2k, Point 1, Gatorbaks.

15. Ohorn
    Have you had it back to the dealer and what was done about it?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ohorn1 View Post
    Is it asking to much for them to replace the boat? I really don't want them to take it back to the factory I live in Ohio and plan on going South Carolina this winter!

Thanks!
    There is no way they are going to replace the boat. I local good fiberglass guy can fix that in a day. He can also fix any little scrapes and scratches you have while he has the boat. I would take advantage of the opportunity.

17. Member
    Dealer says ours gets a trip back to the factory.