Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Had a Ranger owner tell me this past weekend at weigh-in that he knew 2 guys with Allison's and they couldn't keep them together "they just keep coming apart.

He failed to mention that his Ranger had been back to Ranger for a transom replacement.....
    its amazing how quick the story changes when you say " really? you knew the guys? Are they safe? What are they running now? How do they like it? The hater talk 5 minutes about the new boats. Then you ask: What are there names I would love to talk to them...not about their new boats but their Allisons" The RESPONSE; ohh I don't know where they are now ( hmm- he just said they have new boats). Then you ask what city, what state, what tournament are in and they begin to issue a crumble response "Well I just remember they weren't happy with the boat, thats all" It (substance) eventually turns to water.

One of the best situations I saw was when several guys where standing around my buddies Allison xb2003 with a SS225. They were saying that thing is going to break up, fall apart (giggle giggle). Even I was a little worried about the ride with a short shaft (not ideal) for rough water. But my buddy ran the rough chop and we watched several boats get beat up. After the tournament no one came up to him to chat but they all watch him pass them in rough water lol.. They managed to walk up to the boat lol, The faces!, the pride, the silence was funny as heck. They just stood around the boat and looked.

What I like more than the tater chip .. hole in boat .. stuff is how fast they are. I know a guy that has a 92 MPH Master Craft speed boat .. When he told me that I just said man you got that thing rolling . If I see you out I am going to put mine on the trailer . He said man your Allison is faster than 92 , I told him I didn't think so . I had a XTB at that time with a 200 on it . It might have ran 90 empty but I fish and never ran it light . Heck I have always ran my boats loaded to fish . And I load them to fish ,, don't worry if I have weight up front. I don't know what this XB 21 will do with the Merc. It had a HO 225 on it when I bought it and it ran out of water pressure around 82 .. lol.

One day while picking up some lures at Academy-- A talkative gentleman told me about "his friend" who had an Allison that he had ridden with at 112 mph.. I started asking some questions and soon figured out he was talking about MY boat.. I just let him keep talking.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    One day while picking up some lures at Academy-- A talkative gentleman told me about "his friend" who had an Allison that he had ridden with at 112 mph.. I started asking some questions and soon figured out he was talking about MY boat.. I just let him keep talking.
    Damn.. you're @ 112 and Tim is at 99.8xxx!

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Member
    I guess the Prosport really is more aerodynamic. . A lot more!

7. Moderator
    Now that's funny right there!!!
    I can imagine the shocked look on your face when you realized your boat runs that fast too.

Man I spit out my tea .. that right there is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    Now that's funny right there!!!
    I can imagine the shocked look on your face when you realized your boat runs that fast too.
    Figured there was no way I could top that story so I just let him roll..
    I did ask him if he knew what kind of prop his "friend" had on that beast..

Exactly....ive heard it for years with Bullets. The funny thing is I passed another Ranger owner on Saturday in some pretty rough water headed back to weigh-in...once loaded up he walked over and said man, it looked like you were riding smooth when you passed me in that rough water, I said yeah...i backed it down to 80
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

11. Moderator
    Figured there was no way I could top that story so I just let him roll..
    I did ask him if he knew what kind of prop his "friend" had on that beast..
    Don't make us guess.

What kind of prop did his friend have?

I don't know how you kept a straight face.

Exactly....ive heard it for years with Bullets. The funny thing is I passed another Ranger owner on Saturday in some pretty rough water headed back to weigh-in...once loaded up he walked over and said man, it looked like you were riding smooth when you passed me in that rough water, I said yeah...i backed it down to 80
    Show off!
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    Don't make us guess.

What kind of prop did his friend have?

I don't know how you kept a straight face.
    One of those new fangled stainless steel ones !!

14. Moderator
    One of those new fangled stainless steel ones !!

Had to be one of themz fo paddle thangz to run like dat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12