Thread: Cut in sidewall

Cut in sidewall

Got home from the lake washing the boat noticed small cut in the sidewall not deep but prob a couple of inches long, always taught anything like this tire needs to be changed I'm guessing same for trailer tires? By they couldn't even get my fingernail under it to pull any of the tire up/ away

2. Member
    Change it. I had one a few weeks back and the tire disintegrated on the road.

3. Member
    Figured now the question is do I change all 4 to radial or buy one blies tire

4. Member

USA

How old are the tires? If 4 years old or older get new ones. I think radials will give you better mileage. Not sure about other advantages of radials ( maybe run cooler ).

5. Member
    Yea that's what I have found is they handle the heat better just got the boat in the spring all the tires look good no stamped date that I can found

6. Member

USA

There should be a made on date ( I think it is a law ). Maybe on the other side of the tire ( not facing out ).

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Number that starts with DOT contains the date. Last 4 digits are 2 digit week followed by 2 digit year.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

8. Member
    I'm just gonna change them out for some radials one of them already threw some tread since I've had the boat starting this spring

Quote Originally Posted by Rharrell View Post
    I'm just gonna change them out for some radials one of them already threw some tread since I've had the boat starting this spring
    That's the best idea !! Also, be sure to have them BALANCED !! Now's the time to check those brakes and bearings too !
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents