Louisiana bass license plate

I'd like to have one for my collection. Anybody got one they would part with ?

"I'm just looking for a bite"

I'm not sure, but I think the plates have to be turned in when vehicle is sold.

3. Member
    Personalized and specialty plates stay with the owner and are transferred to a new vehicle. They cost $50, I think. Someone would have to report one lost or stolen and pay for a replacement to have one to send to him. Regular plates have to be turned in.

4. Member
    Yes they have to be turned in as I tried to keep my 200 year anniversary plate but they refused. I even told them I would purchase it, no luck.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

I have a couple Louisiana plates but not the bass one. Picked up a Michigan at a yard sale this weekend for 2 bucks.

"I'm just looking for a bite"

6. Member
    The older plates didn't have to be turned in. Some time in the early 2000's a law was passed that you have to turn in your old plates or your license would be flagged. Before this law you didn't have to turn them in. Date is not exact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    The older plates didn't have to be turned in. Some time in the early 2000's a law was passed that you have to turn in your old plates or your license would be flagged. Before this law you didn't have to turn them in. Date is not exact.
    Not true. When we transferred my old truck to my son, he went to register it in his name, they gave him a new plate and he brought the old one home. They said it was no longer a valid plate, but they didn't need it. This was just 2 weeks ago.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan S View Post
    Not true. When we transferred my old truck to my son, he went to register it in his name, they gave him a new plate and he brought the old one home. They said it was no longer a valid plate, but they didn't need it. This was just 2 weeks ago.

Well the B_TCH LIED to me, because I specifically asked is there any way shape or form, even purchase, to keep it and she said NO.

9. Member
    Well the B_TCH LIED to me, because I specifically asked is there any way shape or form, even purchase, to keep it and she said NO.
    My wife would tell me its my carefree, happy go lucky smiling face that turns some folks off..........or maybe they have an aluminum recycle bin in the back they make some mad money on the side

10. Member
    JC She told me they send them back to angola to press new one's. I tried my charm on her but I guess she didn't quite see it

Maybe because he's younger, cuter, and flirted with the clerk had something to do with it.

I have the plate in my shop. Plan on using it for oil changes to direct the dirty oil into the pan. I'm sure I've got one or two vehicles around here that need it.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

12. Member
    When I sold my last boat back in 2013, I kept the plate because I had put permanent tags on it. I kept the plate and never have had my license "tagged" due to not turning it in. I just my license renewed a moth ago and nothing showed up. I still have the plate somewhere.

13. Member
    Probably 20 years ago I sold one of our service cars with a blown engine to the repair shop for $150.00. I didn't take the plates off as I knew the guy and figured he would transfer everything. Well, he sold it to someone else and they registered it, different plate etc. For some reason the old plate was flagged on my record. They could see the car was sold and registered to someone else but because the plate was not cancelled or turned in and was not transferred in a timely manner it flagged me. I could not renew my license, buy a car, was notified of an uninsured vehicle etc. It took 2 days at the DMV because I had to go to Baton Rouge (for some reason it could not be handled locally)to take care of it. I have not sold a car since, trade in is the easy way. I will never sell a car, trailer etc again without being present at the time of transfer at DMV or title co.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutt View Post
    When I sold my last boat back in 2013, I kept the plate because I had put permanent tags on it. I kept the plate and never have had my license "tagged" due to not turning it in. I just my license renewed a moth ago and nothing showed up. I still have the plate somewhere.
    Trailers are handled different. Insurance isn't required on a trailer, so they don't care about the plate and don't flag your license if not turned in.

They screwed you...you can now keep your specialized plates, they do not take them back. When they had a huge price increase on specialized plates a few months ago I switched from my wife and I's LSU plates to regular plates and saved a bunch of money. I went to the DMV at Independence Park (State Troopers HQ) to make the exchange and she said they no longer require the plates and we can now keep them. I don't know how satellite offices conduct their business but according to main DMV office, they do not require the old plates.

2015 Ranger Z119c
    2017 Ranger Z520c
    2007 Ranger Z20
    2006 Ranger Z20