e etc motor 150 2007

at between 3 and 4 thousand rpm got a steady miss when i go to wide open it run perfect but tach is jumping around can not feel anything at wot, boat set for 2 months befor i bought it i have the quick kleen and care in fuel now has a see thru fuel filter but i can not see any water in filter ., need some help

2. Member
    Mine is doing the same thing. I dropped it off at the dealer on Monday, when I get it back, I'll let you know what the case was with mine. Might be different, but it sounds the same.

What boat and prop are you running?

I'm picking mine up in the morning, my miss/hesitation was lower(2500-3000) in the RPM band but the mechanic told me my timing was off 1 degree which is a lot for these motors according to him, Ill see how she runs tomorrow.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

4. Member
    Sounds exactly like mine, post your results tomorrow if you don't mind. Above that, it runs great. Noticed it when I was accelerating to get on plane,it would miss to the point where I would no be able to et on plane. If I gave 100% throttle, it would get past that point and run fine.

5. Member
    Change the plugs, make sure their gapped and indexed correctly.

What is the top rpm you can get with a light load on board and at full throttle?

If the rpm with within the 5500-5800 rpm range, then your dealer may be able to do a TPS calibration and tweak it one way or another to help minimize the "missing" that you feel. It is likely the changeover rpm where the motor is switching modes from "lean burn" to regular combustion.

Be sure the exhaust sensor tube, its restrictor, and the hose to the EMM is in good shape. If neglected, it may be completely plugged or partially burned away and should be replaced.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

7. Member
    The exhaust sensor, if I unhook the hose down on the bottom, should I be able to blow through that (with just my breath) up to the emm? Or is it restricted smaller than that? (this is an '01 ficht ram 200) Or is there a better way to check the black restrictor thing between the sensor port and the emm?

You should remove it then check
    -----

took mine to dealer today to see if all software is up to date and it was , i just installed 6 new plg he said 2 of them was off a little and he has seen them not been index right can cause the miss, so i got 3 new plugs and made sure they all index right have not had it on water yet, he also said something about the exhaust tube,,

Don't forget to make sure the restrictor in the exhaust sensor tube hose is also cleaned out
    -----

11. Member
    Is the black disk restrictor thing made to come apart?

Quote Originally Posted by sandspike20 View Post
    Is the black disk restrictor thing made to come apart?

What black disk ? An E-TEC did not use one as that was on a FICHT.

Please do not hijack someone else's thread. Start one of your own and post the model number for accurate responses. Thank you
    -----

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    What black disk ? An E-TEC did not use one as that was on a FICHT.

Please do not hijack someone else's thread. Start one of your own and post the model number for accurate responses. Thank you
    Quite right! sorry about hijacking the thread!