Any ice fishing guys in here

My go to lure when things get real tuff and the fish seem to suffer form lockjaw. If any one is interested in how to make these post here and I will reply if there is interest. Lures on top hang horizontal bottom group hang vertically. Each group has a 1/16 oz jig in center to give everyone a size reference.

When ice fishing I tip these with one maggot or piece of a waxworm. Deadly on yellow perch , crappie and gills. One draw back is that tiny hooks cause me to lose quite a few slab crappie. Regardless of how sharp the hook just won't hold on to big papermouths. But on days I use them they won't hit anything else.

Pain in the butt to make until you get a system down. Got idea for these years ago. I was watching panfish on underwater camera pay more attention to a tiny flyfishing split shot I had on my line insteadof my normal sized ice lure.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

Those are pretty slick! My go-to when it gets tough are the smallest sizes bloodline demon jigs from Custom Jigs & Spins. They're hard to find now, but there's one bait shop I know of that custom orders them. I may have to give these a shot!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Nice! We had a few days of safe ice last winter, and I got to ice fish for the first time. Had a blast, but we really had to downsize baits that day. I would be interested in how to make these.

4. Member
    Ok helps if you have some fly tying equipment. But for vertical one you need fly fishing hooks sizes 18 to 10. Scud or dry fly style , caddis beads or smaller type beads , clear cure goo with curing UV light. Hardest part to do is popping the bead on the hook past the barb. Mount hook in vise. using clear mono thread wrap lay thread base down, lay rubber attractor sr trip alongside and tie in. Whip finish while wrapping. If you wish to color the mono thread now is the time. Next to last step is the clear cure goo use sparingly more time working with this better you will get. Cure with light. Last step final coat of clear nail polish.

To make the horizontal use fly tying jigheads in 1/100 and 1/84 oz sizes. Any color can be used but I really like the chrome and gold plated ones. Repeat the steps for the verticals . Do not be afraid to experiment with color combos but be sure to adhere to size. Since each lake can be a different mystery as far as color. The size thing seems to work everywhere. Usually the thinner the line the better these work. But have used up to 6# leader and they still worked well. I usually start with that and work down if fish snub them.
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

5. Member
    northland buck shot tipped with a minnow head...its all i use all year long, catches anything and everything.

Is the rubber attractor strip just a piece of skirt material?

On the vertical jigs, are the caddis beads metal for weight? I've seen very small tungsten beads before.

7. Member
    Yes on the skirt material, I use the caddis beads because their color helps to attract interest their weight is almost nil because of size.

8. Member
    I really like the fiskas tungsten jigs. Tent to out fish lead 3-1 I think just cause of how fast they sink. Smaller the jug more bites I get, just have to weed through the 4" fish here haha
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp