Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Good Luck and be safe!

2. Member
    Will do, thanks again.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

3. Member
    Sounds like the CPT200 thermistor is good. I would have bet money you would find a problem with it. I am going to have to think on this one some more.

The box that is not hooked to anything is probably an HS5 (high-speed Raynet network switch). It is gray box about 3"x10", The way your system is set up you don't really need it now. If you add a third unit or another Raynet device you might need it - just depends.

Hope the fishing trip goes well.

4. Member
    huntertn,
    How was the fishing yesterday? Hickory Legend thinks the CPT200 module may be causing the water temp indication problem.
    I don't believe I registered it for warranty last Sept, when I registered the two A units.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

5. Member
    Great to get out on the lake yesterday but the fish did not cooperate a much as we wished they would. But that ok we were looking at new spots anyway. Looks like they may be more productive when the weather changes.

I believe it has two years if you don't register and three if you do. It seems like I registered my MFDs, the CP200, HS5 and my transducers but I could not say for sure on the transducers. From the experience I have seen others have with warranty stuff Raymarine is good to deal with. I have never had a problem with my stuff so I can't say first hand.

Since it will not display the temp from the CPT200 using either of the MFDs I am leaning towards the CP200 or something with the settings on the MFD... I went back and reread the thread and it looks like you have already done a reset and the A127 is fresh back from service. It looks the the CPT200 thermistor is good so the only thing left is the CP200. I would call CS and see what they say.

6. Member
    I'll call Nashua and talk to Customer Service next week. Also want to install a Pont 1 puck to improve the positioning. I have a few Sea Talk cables that came with everything, but I'm not sure if they will hook up to each other or is I'll have to get an adapter or switch over to the NMEA 2000 sys, which I'm more familiar with.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Just remember if hot wired the NMEA buss will be powered at all times. You will need a cable to go from NMEA to sea talk then you can go right into the port on the A127.

8. Member
    Thanks HL.
    I can always wire it to one of the 4 accessory circuits of need be. Thanks for the info on the connection requirements. If you are in the path of this hurricane, be safe.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

9. Member
    You will need an adapter cable to convert the Raymarine NMEA (SeaTalk ng) to the standard NMEA. Depending on how you do it you will need either male or female.

The MFDs usually come with a short male adapter like on the right. Of course, you may not have received it if the equipment was already installed in the boat when you bought it.

The Point 1 is a nice addition if you fish waypoints off shore.

10. Member
    I have a pile of the male (picture on the right) cable if you need one. I keep all parts and pieces from my displays.

11. Member
    I have some, so I'll check.
    Just registered the CP200 and will fill out the paperwork to have it looked at under warranty. So.... do I state on the paperwork, that
    troubleshooting indicates, that the water temp function of the module is not working?
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123