2004 TR 196 Seat Removal

So I am looking @ having my seats re-upholstered after the season ends and the ice forms on the lakes , and I thought that I would take a few minutes today to see how to remove them so when the time comes, hey no problem right????? WRONG.... So I removed the 3 along the bottom front and I'll be damned if I can find the ones located in the backrest part of the seat......searched the "go-to" YouTube and nothing there pertaining to an 04 196.....any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated from the BBC Community!

Jeff

2. Member
    They should be in the seams around the center pad. Look for some holes where the screws went through.

i have an 05, and i replaced my seats with new ones. the screws are in the center pad as stated above. it was easy for me as i didn't care what i did to my old seats.just have to get between the seams and find them.

4. Member
    Thank You for the info and input, greatly appreciated..... I have time, it's the patience I'm worried about!!!!

5. Member
    My 06 TR196 was a nightmare. They run the screw right through the cushion and the hole is pretty much invisible. Just start feeling around and look for a hole in the cushion.

6. Member
    **UPDATE*** Thanks for the info, I did look @ my seats when I got home from work today, found the 3 holes/screws located in the center backrest cushion.....got a Phillips on them and turned them a bit and thought I'd better wait to take them all the way off while fishing is still good, with my luck I wouldn't get them reset and I can honestly say I've never seen a Triton on the lake with fold up chairs for seats ��..... Thanks for your help, this site is full of Awesome people and priceless information!!!