OGS Florida Elite Trail

Go to http://www.ogstournamenttrails.com/o...ida-elite.html for more information. To summarize, it is four tournaments, Okeechobee, St. Johns River, Toho, and Seminole. One entry fee, $1200 buys you into all four tournaments. They are taking deposits now until September 10, 2017 of $300 to reserve your spot because they are only allowing 250 boats to enter. First place pay back is $10,000 per tournament while 35 places will be paid. $55,000 will be paid at each tournament.
    ***Angler of the year, points champion for all four tournaments wins a fully rigged bass boat.
    Follow the above link to the the website for more information and sample payout. We thank you in advance!!!!

Join the Facebook group @ OGS Tournament Trails for group discussions.

2. Member
    Payback guaranteed or based on 250 boats?

3. Member
    Never mind found my answer in the "will cancel unless you have 250 boats". Not sure if this is your trail or not but a 73.5 % payback is HORRIBLE for a team trail. Regardless if your giving a boat (to be determined) to the AOY team.
    Last edited by JayLaw; 07-29-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayLaw View Post
    Never mind found my answer in the "will cancel unless you have 250 boats". Not sure if this is your trail or not but a 73.5 % payback is HORRIBLE for a team trail. Regardless if your giving a boat (to be determined) to the AOY team.

It actually hire depending on the value f the boat.........
    Last edited by Bill2e; 07-30-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Don't see that trail in my future.

6. Member
    The biggest pitfall is scheduling. You plan to fish this trail and if they don't have 250 boats they cancel. Now your scheduling is screwed for other tournaments. Only 73% payback isn't very attractive either. Sounds like a good idea and love the lake selections but I'd have to pass.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

I agree with the points both JayLaw and ChampioNman bring up, this is probably a pass for me.
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

8. Member
    The deposit must be in by September 9th or 10 th, so if its not filled by then it most likely won't happen, so it won't be too much of a bother with your scheduling, Mike outlines all of it on the link above.

9. Member
    Scheduling is affected for those that fish the BFL's, RAMopens, BM Opens and Costa series as those schedules are not released yet (generally not till october) and may conflict with this series. Two other items of consideration for this trail is the time between events 2-3 weeks between events is going to be almost impossible to get that many teams to commit to 4 events where travel is required in that short amount of time. And while the addition of an AOY team winning a boat, the remaining events payout being 73.5% is only going back to 13.5% of the field. Almost every trail around offers at minimum 20% payback to paid entries in this case pay down to at least 50 would be appropriate. Im not being negative...i think the idea of the trail is great (although i would rather see a single angler trail offered), just the scheduling and the payouts need to be looked at if this trail will succeed in florida. The RMMMC series at lake Okeechobee does a good job with scheduling payback and championship format, same as Bass Champs out in TX. Re-evaluate the trail schedule and payout structure and i think its a great idea for an all-florida trail.

10. Member
    A all Florida trial is a awesome idea as a pro am style event. But doing it to make a profit for yourself that deep is a horrible idea. Just my opinion though.

Palatka, Fl (Go east till you smell it then turn south)
    Sounds like a lot of excuses to me.
    Bass caught YTD: 62 Largest Bass YTD: 7.25

http://www.facebook.com/pages/...=wall

12. Member
    I agree, time to get something like this going, you guys are welcome to go the page and debate the money with Mike, he is a straight shooter imo.

13. Banned
    Maybe You can make it an actual "Team" and have a roster of 4 or 5. That way You might also be able to get companies to sponsor a team. If a member has a scheduling conflict then another member who is on the roster can take their place.