Anyone with personal knowledge of CA 2+2 listed on BBC?

I spoke with the owner. He has only had it about a year. He bought it from Eufaula Lake, Oklahoma area.

Anyone familiar with this particular boat. Only one picture for now and owner feels it is a solid 8 of 10 condition.

This year motor was a lower rev limiter and 91 octane required, correct? What l/u would it have?

Any other info or things I should consider?

LOOONG trip or BIG transport costs from Cali to Alabama.

Thanks.
    Butch
    Hope is not a method!

2. Member
    Get lots of pics so no surprises. Have him take it to a mechanic of your choosing to go over the boat. You pay the shop. As for the pics, I asked for a couple from crazy random spots just so I knew he had the boat and not just pics from somebody elses boat online.

Yes on lower rev limit and 91 octane. Better be a sportmaster lower unless it blew and they stupidly put a tm on it. Definitely confirm that.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

3. Member
    Where was it advertised when he bought it? Might be able to find the old ad and see what it said since you dont seem to be getting much from him.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

4. Member
    I paid $2000 from sandersons to the pacific northwest for transport costs.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

5. Member
    If you drive out find a REALLY good friend willing to spend some serious time in a truck and make sure they can drive towing (made that mistake once dude couldn't tow) and make sure to use a crew cab truck so the passenger can sleep on the back seat.

Johnny Johnson

6. Member
    Thanks to all for the info and tips.
    Hope is not a method!

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Me and a buddy drove to Zapata, Texas to pick up my Ally, it was 16 hours each way. What worked best for us was for one of us to drive while the other slept. We swapped out every 4 hours and only stopped for fuel.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Quote Originally Posted by ltcbutch View Post
    Thanks to all for the info and tips.
    I would almost plan for a hotel in the middle. I took a parts motor to hydrotec to trade for hop up parts left early one morning.
    my neighbor was in for the ride and drive some. he drove about two hours out of 23 hour round trip
    I was struggling the last three back. small Nissan truck was not the best idea for comfort
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

9. Member
    If you could drive to the Bay Area you can check mine out before you buy it. I bought mine sight unseen, never even seen an Ally in person and had it shipped from Florida here. PM if interested, I believe you're in Bakersfield right? If you make the trip to the Delta I'll be there Thursday - Sunday fishing the Snag Proof Open.
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    If you could drive to the Bay Area you can check mine out before you buy it. I bought mine sight unseen, never even seen an Ally in person and had it shipped from Florida here. PM if interested, I believe you're in Bakersfield right? If you make the trip to the Delta I'll be there Thursday - Sunday fishing the Snag Proof Open.
    You got it turned around Mike. The boat is in Bakersfield.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    You got it turned around Mike. The boat is in Bakersfield.
    LOL, my bad. If it were closer I would look at it for you. Pictures, and video man
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing