Thread: Agostura?

Agostura?

I'll be there with family and friends for the second week of August and I'm bringing the boat. I know its supposed to be a decent bass lake. Can anyone tell me much about it?
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

Come on, now! I know I've seen a few of you fish this lake before.

3. Banned
    Angostura has excellent smallmouth and largemouth...mainly people fishing walleye though. Very very busy all the time. Boats and jet skis all over hell.

My club that I used to fish with did tourneys there all the time. Start in the small inlets with jigs and spinner-baits, and when the wind kicks up it will blow shad onto the flats and the bass will follow. I like to throw a crank out there. It gets really windy tho, prepare for a rodeo ride. IM Mark from the Black Hills Bass Bandits. (ZReel on here) He fished the whole season this year as he is the president. He'll give you some good tips. Go in September after all of the jackasses have left.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

I just got back from there on Friday. It is a beautiful lake. I wish I would have had more time to fish but I did get out for a couple of hours each day, however, I only actually fished for bass a few times. I did my best fishing a jerkbait on the tire rows in front of one of the marinas.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    I just got back from there on Friday. It is a beautiful lake. I wish I would have had more time to fish but I did get out for a couple of hours each day, however, I only actually fished for bass a few times. I did my best fishing a jerkbait on the tire rows in front of one of the marinas.
    I don't go there during the hot months, so I forgot to mention the tires. I usually fish for panfish in that area. But yeah, green ones tend to suspend under those during summer.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat