The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

1st week Oct Help Please

I've been to Dayton like 4 times to fish Chickamauga and loved it! So...My wife wants to go check it out cuz I talked moving there.
    Even tho we're going to be looking at the area/houses, I want to take her on the water and hopefully catch a few.
    I know it's too early for the frog bite, I'll be back to try that about a month later.
    I just have no idea what to do out there in that time frame .
    Any suggestions would be appreciated for fishing AND house hunting.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Fidgetcranker; 07-28-2017 at 02:06 PM.

2. Member
    My sources tell me the latest CBA (Chattanooga Bass Assoc) tourney was won deep (surprise), by dragging a big worm around on the main channel swings.
    House wise, I would suggest moving up one lake to Watts Bar. With all the pressure Chick is getting, Watts Bar may be better sooner rather than later. It (Watts Bar) was ranked ahead of Guntersville in the latest Bass lake rankings. I was able to purchase 1/2 acre with a lake view (across the road from the lake) that came with a covered boat slip, deep water year round for $60,000 and it's in a gated community. Watts Bar is more reasonable than Chick for purchasing property. Look around in Spring City or Rockwood.

3. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thank you! I know about the pressure on Chick, but that never lasts long. Even Guntersville being the "hot spot" has slowed down since the Classic was won there.
    Will definitely consider Watts Bar. That 1/2 acre sure does sound nice. I will look into the places you mentioned. Possibly something in between the two to have equal access to both? Not sure we can afford a lake front, but would like to close to a ramp.
    I do really like Dayton tho. I'm sure you know it's a fast growing area due to the fishing visitors/tourists, and getting in now may be less expensive than 2-3 yrs from now.

4. Banned
    Dayton is only 30 minutes from Watts Bar dam. The wife and I want out of Chattanooga bad and our house will be paid for next August 1st. Rhea county here we come.

Bill

5. Banned
    Any of those lakes will be an upgrade from the fishing around Cincy! Sounds awesome. Good luck.

6. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thanks! Yeah, Cincy is a tough area to fish. Love fishing the Ohio River and will miss it, but won't miss the size of the bass.

October can be a tough month depending on when the lake turns over. If you are dead set on coming down here in October, I would stay more towards Hixson So you can have easy access to both above and below the dam. Smallmouth fishing below the dam starts getting good in October and November. Shoot me a pm when its gets closer to the time youre coming down and I will see what I can do to point you in the right direction.

8. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    October can be a tough month depending on when the lake turns over. If you are dead set on coming down here in October, I would stay more towards Hixson So you can have easy access to both above and below the dam. Smallmouth fishing below the dam starts getting good in October and November. Shoot me a pm when its gets closer to the time youre coming down and I will see what I can do to point you in the right direction.
    Thank you very much, I appreciate that. Yeah, I figured it would would be a tough bite. My wife could only get that 1st week of Oct off, so I just want to make the most of it for her while we're there. It's more about us looking over the area/houses/costs this trip down. I'll be coming back to fish in 1-2 week Nov with the guys.

Hire this man if he is available
    https://www.facebook.com/TennesseeRiverGuide/
    You will thank me later

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AreTheyBiting View Post
    Hire this man if he is available
    https://www.facebook.com/TennesseeRiverGuide/
    You will thank me later
    It's scary how good this guy is. Stays booked months in advance.

11. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I've read good things about him before and know "He's the guy". Thanks for the link, will definitely consider.

12. Member
    The last thing id do is bash somebody on here, but it should be known. I fished last wednesday with Rogne Brown. Super nice guy, seems very knowledgable on the lake. We caught 6 fish all day. Between me him and my buddy. Thats a lot of cash to put out to have it go that way.....
    2016 Phoenix 819 Pro 200 Mercury Pro XS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepin85 View Post
    The last thing id do is bash somebody on here, but it should be known. I fished last wednesday with Rogne Brown. Super nice guy, seems very knowledgable on the lake. We caught 6 fish all day. Between me him and my buddy. Thats a lot of cash to put out to have it go that way.....
    Even KVD doesn't catch them every day. If Rogne didn't catch them, they wouldn't bite.

14. Member
    Lol that makes me feel better about giving him that 400 bucks. Thanks.

15. Member
    I believe he is knowledgable, and i think he is a nice guy. Thats a lot of cash, for a well sorry we didnt get on em... just want pwople to know my experience. Summer can be tough, but when you hire "the best" you expect the best.

16. Member
    Granted some days are just crap to fish but 6 fish on Chickamauga is just plain bad. Especially for someone who fishes nearly every day

17. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I'm sure he wasn't happy either. I'm sure he tried for you...unfortunately, it happens.

I'm from KY and fished with him twice this year. I have been fishing chick for about 4 years now on my own and have learned more from him in those two trips than all the others on my own. Best guide I have ever used including the salt water ones. I can't say enough about him. Biggest bass I have ever seen fishing (didn't land it) and biggest bass I have ever seen landed was with him. One in excess of 10lbs and one just under. The guy knows his stuff...

19. Banned
    Lol that makes me feel better about giving him that 400 bucks. Thanks.
    $400.00 each or for both of you?

Bill

20. Member
    400 per trip. Regardless of 1 or 2 people.