Inline Fuel filter on 350 Verado

Mercury 350 Verado
    S/N--2B202272

Below please find a picture of what I believe in my inline fuel filter?? In the owners manual and the service manual it shows a different type of filter-Also see below. Was this changed on the assembly line after the manuals were printed or is this an addition to the other??

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    First picture is the High Pressure Filter. It's normally serviced at 3 yrs/ 300 hours.

The other filter shown is the fuel line inlet filter. It MUST be left in place on initial rigging, but can be removed and discarded at 100 hrs.

There should ALSO be an ADDITIONAL filter. Your engine model should have a Racor-Style filter in the boat (your PRIMARY filter).

(Earlier models may have used a red-cap cannister filter on the engine).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thank you--it does have the Racor in the boat. I bought the boat used with 76 hours on it and I can't find the in-line filter--Maybe it is gone??

4. Member
    Starboard side of motor down low is where you will find that inline sleeve filter,mine had a little yellow tag marking it,you can see it ,it is inside the fuel line.

5. Member
    You can't see it,it's inside the fuel line ^

Quote Originally Posted by Scottw View Post
    Starboard side of motor down low is where you will find that inline sleeve filter,mine had a little yellow tag marking it,you can see it ,it is inside the fuel line.
    Thanks