Heading to Maine for 12 days

Guys,
    im taking the annual trip to Maine this Saturday. Was wondering if you have some recommendations of where to fish? I've done really well on cobboseecontee and China lake in the past, but that's a two hour drive from my MILs. Are this places still fishing well?

I normally fish ponds, the Penobscot river and Moosehead Lake around her house. I've jacked them every time in the ponds and the river, but Moosehead Lake seems to have fallen off the last two years as far as numbers. I still catch a couple big ones there but the quantity is lacking.

Any tips? If any of you want to back seat a day, shoot me a message!
    thx for any help
    scott

Have you been to lake wassokeag (sp) in Dexter? you neglected to say where you were staying... Another big lake in Newport as wll but I forget the name...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    Have you been to lake wassokeag (sp) in Dexter? you neglected to say where you were staying... Another big lake in Newport as wll but I forget the name...

Sorry bout that. I'm staying at my MILs in guilford which is close to wassokeag. I've actually fished that lake twice with horrible results. If I fish close to her place, I normally hit the river or Harlow pond. I've had some crazy number days on both the river and Harlow pond. To get bigger fish and numbers, I've had my best luck at cobboseecontee. My FIL has said that it's not fishing as well as it had been in the past. I'm planning on hitting moosehead for a day and probably Indian pond and then heading to china or cobboseecontee for a few days. Not sure if I'm missing anything. I always wonder if there is anything with all the lakes/ponds to the north and west.

I really need to get a kayak to further explore all the rivers around her place that are loade with smallmouth.

4. Banned
    Sebec lake has some good small mouth and is not far from guilford.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tysdad View Post
    Sebec lake has some good small mouth and is not far from guilford.

good tip. I thumped them pretty good there yesterday on top waters and drop shots. I only fished three points and about 300 yards of shoreline. Going back to expand the search. Thx.

6. Banned
    Glad I could help. My buddy lives on the bower bank side of the lake. Hopefully I will be up there in a few weeks fishing and bear hunting.

7. Member
    I am on cobbossee now , it is fishing good in the 10-25ft ranges right now , there's some awesome lakes up here in Maine , many that are not pressured that much at all that hold some big fish , good luck!
    2019 RANGER 198P DUAL CONSOLE

The Gun Parlor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter102 View Post
    I am on cobbossee now , it is fishing good in the 10-25ft ranges right now , there's some awesome lakes up here in Maine , many that are not pressured that much at all that hold some big fish , good luck!

Ive only fished shed cobboseecontee in the late summer and done all my damage in the 20-30 ft range. A couple years back, I found some grass (cabbage?) growing in 20 ft and commmenced to put a beat down on 5lber after 5lber. It was awesome. I fish New York lakes and catch a bunch, but these Maine bass are just ridiculous. I fished a lake called ebeemee today, holy chit!!!! Hitting sebec tomorrow and not stopping till I catch a 100 smallies.

9. Member
    Try Webb Pond.