Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks for the info. Should start saving I guess.. :)

2. Member
    Todd.. What does Garmin Pro Team mean? U work for Garmin or fish for them?
    I Believe in Catch & Release...
    Only when I don't have Witnesses..

3. Member
    I have 2 garmin echoMAP Chirp 93sv sonar/GPS/side imaging combo /lakevu HD for sale $500.00 ea. They list in Cabelas $999.00 ea. They are less than a year old. I bought a used boat that had them on it. I tried to get use to them but I guess I'm too old to learn anything new so I installed my old units. They appears to be pretty good units. I just couldn't/didn't want to get use to them. Let me know if your interested

Quote Originally Posted by msn26753 View Post
    Todd.. What does Garmin Pro Team mean? U work for Garmin or fish for them?
    I am part of Garmin's Marine Pro Team. As you can see, nearly all of the Pro Team fish for a living. Although I am a tourney angler, I do so regionally in Texas, and have a standard 40 hr/week job. I earn my keep through technical support, beta testing product, and officially representing Garmin on this and other fishing forums.

https://garmin.newshq.businesswire.c...oster_v3_1.pdf
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    I am part of Garmin's Marine Pro Team. As you can see, nearly all of the Pro Team fish for a living. Although I am a tourney angler, I do so regionally in Texas, and have a standard 40 hr/week job. I earn my keep through technical support, beta testing product, and officially representing Garmin on this and other fishing forums.

https://garmin.newshq.businesswire.c...oster_v3_1.pdf

One of the few Pro Team members personally will believe

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Dumped my birds years ago over their 2d. Went to Lowrance. 2d was better. Had it since HDSG1. Two years ago went with Garmin 7610. Again over the 2d. I now believe I have the best 2d on the market. The rest is gravy. And what a bowl of gravy it is with Panoptix.
    Myself prefer Lowrance for 2D but if we compare dollars side by side performance would tip my hat to Garmin for 2D. Since I went to "spendy" airmar transducers no comparison but that is not comparing apples to apples in my opinion

7. Member
    Do you still have these for sale?

8. Member
    1)as large a screen as you can afford...7" is just not enough
    2) network capable unit

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Note that saved tracks save position information, depth and water temperature. In addition to this data, you also get time information with active tracks.

NMEA 0183 will output position, depth, water temperature information, but only echoMAPs and GPSMAP products support NMEA 0183 output.
    Additional questions:
    1) can echomap units record a track, record quickdraw and provide nmea output at the same time without unit slowdown?
    2) anybody kind enough to email a short file of a saved track? A saved nmea output file too maybe?

That saved tracks is of particular interest since it is recorded into the sd card (perhaps a little tinkering might parse out the contents into a csv file..). In contrast, capturing nmea output is a fussy operation involving wires and laptop, and exposure to sun/rain.

10. Member
    Very interested in this thread. I'm in a similar situation. Trying to decide between birds or Garmin. Leaning towards used, so I can get two bigger screens, and side scan / side view. Not trying to hijack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12