Buying a H18, wanting thoughts on rigging

Hello,

I am ordering a 2018 H18PFC, that is their "crappie" boat but it is basically a Hyper-Lift 18' hull and for the most part identical to the Hyper-Lift 18' bass version with a few different options inside I want. I plan to get the Xtreme coat inside vs carpet, I feel like in 15 years it will be less maintenance and still look good. I also plan on getting the premium light option for the live wells and storage areas, I want a swim ladder because I do jump in during July and Aug here in TX because it is way too hot and I fish through the middle of the day. I will likely get a 6" manual jack plate, my reasoning is two fold, I have heard many on this board say it is wise to be able to adjust the motor up and down to get best performance and even a 1/4" can make a difference. The other reason is, I use a Simrad NSS EVO2 unit and it has a really long LSS side scan transducer and I am thinking the 6" set back on the motor will help my side scan view. I am even considering the 10" for that reason but not sure if that will be too much and negatively affect the performance of the boat. I plan to put the 115 SHO on it, I have considered the 150 but I don't have quite as much need for speed as I once had and the 115 with the right prop seems to do pretty well on there. With that said, looking at all the posts about rigging the H-18 hull with the 115 what I have found is it looks like the Yamaha Pro 21 prop is a good prop for that set up, not as much hole shot but good top end and the hole shot everyone seems to say is still pretty good. I am not drag racing so if it does not cavitate when I hit it, I'm pretty happy with that. I have a Minkota Terrova 80lb I plan to put on it that I already own and has Ipilot which is important to me. Trim switch on bow. Large gray tuck and roll seats. Pro console package with RPM, Fuel, Water Pressure, Speed, trim gauges. I'm not sure I really need those, I do plan to network my Yamaha into my Simrad unit and I think all of that info and more is displayed on the Simrad.

What I am hoping for is the Xpress owners out there to look this over and see if there is something I have missed that I would probably want and would be much easier/cheaper to add at the time of ordering. Those items you think, man I wish I had done this.... Also please sound off on the 6" jack plate vs the 10" and feel free to tell me if I am thinking about getting the wrong prop.

From my experience, the 6" jackplate is your best bet on the 18' boats, because the 10" plate changes the balance to much. 6" gives you the performance you are looking for, gives room for the LSS2 tranducer, and gives better access to the battery compartment. The sportsmen package includes your seats, console, bow trim switch, small gps and max 70 trolling motor. Xpress does not do deletes or cresits, but your dealer may help you out there. The package is more cost efficient. The interior lights are a great add-on. Past that, you may be interested in the sport pk. (Paint upgrade, ripped open graphics, and aluminum wheels with radial tires). 2 tone paint depending on your color choice. Battery charger is always a plus, along with a spare tire. The 21p prop is also good as long as availability it ok. The H18PFC is a great boat!!! Hope this helps some and Enjoy!!!!
    Joey Bryan
    Bryan's Marine
    bryansmarine.com
    joey@bryansmarine.con

3. Member
    Thanks Joey.

I do plan on getting the sportsman and sports package. I didn't mention I want all blue hull and upgraded graphics since it is really just cosmetic but I do like that as well. Hopefully my dealer will credit me for the trolling motor and fish finder because both of those are not what I want. After owning ipilot for 6 years, I can't ever go back. Also I run a Simrad NSS EVO2 with 3D structure scan that is wifi networked and it will show all my gauges so no use for the fishfinder they package in there either. I guess if they don't credit me for that, I will have some items on EBay. I'll just tell the factory to leave it in the box for me.... I sure don't want them drilling any holes or mounting it just to rip it out. I am glad you said the lights are a great add on because I have not seen them in person but felt like those are always a good thing if they can be done when it is being built vs later. I am opting for the 3 bank charger as well. I love onboard chargers and find it hard to live without one. The new 2018 H18PFC will be .125 thick as well which is why I am waiting. I would have to step up to the H20 if it was not going to be .125.

Thanks,
    Greg

You will definitely be happy with the H18pfc, it is a great boat. With the texas heat, i would consider doing the interior xtreme liner in gulf sand or silver. We do alot of our boats with the interior lights, and they are nice. There is no way you can get them installed later for the price. Good luck and happy fishing.
    Joey Bryan
    Bryan's Marine
    bryansmarine.com
    joey@bryansmarine.con

5. Member
    Thanks for the tip on the xtreme liner. I might consider silver. I really want light gray to match the seats, I'm kind of a gray fan but I might could live with silver as that kind of goes with gray. I will probably at a later date do Hydro Turf or Sea Dek, I say later because then I can do the front deck and then later do the back deck so its not such a big hit money wise all at once. I have heard the Xtreme coat can get hot.

6. Banned
    I have a 2013 H18PFC with the tournament package and F150. I'm running a Bravo One 24P with a 6 inch plate @ 2.5 PTP. It will run high 50's loaded with two people and full live wells. The four blade wheel makes it ride and drive like it's on rails. It's like a rocket coming out of the hole. The Power Tech prop that they put on these rigs from the factory makes a good door stop and that's it. Couldn't imagine this rig with a 115. Put a 150 on it and don't look back. You'll thank me later. Love the boat, but they do have some QC issues from the factory.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by guzenua View Post
    I have a 2013 H18PFC with the tournament package and F150. I'm running a Bravo One 24P with a 6 inch plate @ 2.5 PTP. It will run high 50's loaded with two people and full live wells. The four blade wheel makes it ride and drive like it's on rails. It's like a rocket coming out of the hole. The Power Tech prop that they put on these rigs from the factory makes a good door stop and that's it. Couldn't imagine this rig with a 115. Put a 150 on it and don't look back. You'll thank me later. Love the boat, but they do have some QC issues from the factory.
    Thanks, I actually changed gears at the last minute when someone put a seal of a deal on a new X19 with a Sho 175 so I went that route. I have heard about some factory quality issues so I am preparing myself to deal with the little things. I've not heard one good thing about the Power Tech props they come with, seems like with what everyone has to say about them, they would stop using them... Oh well, just another item to ebay. I'm glad you are happy with yours, thats encouraging. I look to have this boat for many years to come.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by fishingreg View Post
    Thanks for the tip on the xtreme liner. I might consider silver. I really want light gray to match the seats, I'm kind of a gray fan but I might could live with silver as that kind of goes with gray. I will probably at a later date do Hydro Turf or Sea Dek, I say later because then I can do the front deck and then later do the back deck so its not such a big hit money wise all at once. I have heard the Xtreme coat can get hot.
    Guzenua s right, max out the HP, you won't regret it. What most people don't realize is that a larger motor will not have to work as hard to push the boat = longer engine life. Plus, you will have better fuel economy & resale value. Oh, I'd recommend a white Xtreme coat, it my be bright but it will stay cool to the touch.
    Coonnasty

Cajun Navy 2016
    2000 X21 DC, 225 EFI