Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BEWARE of a red 2014 X19 in the Lake Guntersville or surrounding area for sale.

I know it's a slim chance but I thought I would throw this out here just in case it might keep someone from going through what I just went through. Do not buy a Red 2014 X19 with a 200 SHO without checking it out REALLY GOOD.

Here is the story: I purchased a boat last weekend from a small used boat dealership in the Lake Guntersville area. I won it on an ebay auction at $20,100 which I thought was good for a 2014 X19 with a 200 Yamaha SHO with 30 hours on it. Before going to pick it up, Yamaha confirmed it had a warranty until 6/2020 so naturally I felt good about the motor and the boat appeared to be in great shape.

After getting it home late that night after being on the road all day, I realized some electrical switches didn't work and I took them off and they were corroded at the connections. I knew something wasnt right then and thought maybe it had been in salt water because it had a Louisiana registration on it. I went to look at the paperwork and it showed where the seller got it from a website called crankyape.com. I was able to put in the auction number and found where it flooded and an insurance company had paid out a full claim on it. The ***** seller lied to me and told me it was a bank repo! After knowing it flooded I looked at the boat really good and it's in bad shape when you really get in there and start looking at all the compartments good.

I was able to put a stop payment on the check and made him send someone to get the boat and I did get all my money back. His plan is to sell the boat or dump it at an auto auction so please be aware that a bad boat that looks good is about to be out there somewhere for sale. Just thought I would pass this along.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Glad you were able to get all of your money back. Bad deal right there.
    Must have been around the Baton Rouge area when we had all that rain last year. They had a few dealers also selling boats really cheap saying "flooded".
    Xpress X19/200SHO

4. Member
    Dang!!! I put a bid on that boat!!!
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250 Yamaha HPDI

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-Dave View Post
    Dang!!! I put a bid on that boat!!!
    Be glad you didn't. Later I found out this was the same guy that caught cheating at tournaments at Lake Guntersville and I believe he served some jail time and had a hefty fine. The ONLY reason I was able to get my money back was because I work at the bank the check was drawn off. I didnt sleep for 3 nights thinking the worse

6. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    So the boat dealer bought it on the auction site?
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    So the boat dealer bought it on the auction site?
    Yep, he bought it off a repo/insurance sales site called crankyape.com where it fully stated the boat/motor were flooded. He got it, cleaned it up got the motor running and then put it on ebay as being a "perfect, needs nothing, no scratches or damage."

Why is it that used car and used boat salesmen are such crooks????

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    Why is it that used car and used boat salesmen are such crooks????

I dont know but this crook is at it again!! He has the boat relisted on ebay

10. Member
    What a slimeball.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmlane View Post
    I dont know but this crook is at it again!! He has the boat relisted on ebay
    Maybe you should report this to EBAY.

12. Member
    Please report him to eBay
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    250 Yamaha HPDI

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger-Dave View Post
    Please report him to eBay
    He removed the auction today. Hopefully the word got out and he decided to pull the plug and some poor person didnt end up with this lemon. I have tried to post this everywhere I knew to.

14. Member
    alexmlane ....... THANK YOU for sharing! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've looked at used Rangers and Xpress that he frequently sales in eBay. I always wondered how this guy seemed to have used bass boats that appeared in great shape and with random state registration.

Glad to hear you were able to get all your money back and you didn't have to spend more money hauling it back to the guy.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    alexmlane ....... THANK YOU for sharing! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've looked at used Rangers and Xpress that he frequently sales in eBay. I always wondered how this guy seemed to have used bass boats that appeared in great shape and with random state registration.

Glad to hear you were able to get all your money back and you didn't have to spend more money hauling it back to the guy.
    To make it even worse, I found out he was one of the guys that was arrested and charged for cheating in fishing tournament(s) at Lake Guntersville back in 2014. He was charged, served time and had to pay a hefty fine. I guess he is still a crook just in a different way now.

16. Member
    Yup...most used boat guys are crooks...

I got a slap on the wrist because I called a used boat guy on here a crook. Dude was blatantly lying about a boat. I have emails proving the guys claims. No matter, according the admins, I was the liar and boat seller is a stand up guy...

17. Fishing is a Passion
    That seller needs to be reported to EBAY and you are the one that needs to start the process.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
    That seller needs to be reported to EBAY and you are the one that needs to start the process.
    Oh its been done however like Fastbird said above....... Same thing happened when I reported him..... I have 300+ positive feedback on ebay and the seller has 60 plus I have been an ebay user since pretty much day one. He sales higher priced items and they make more money off him than me so guess whose side they took?

19. Member
    You did leave negative feedback for him correct? Is this the boat liquidator in Alabama?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    You did leave negative feedback for him correct? Is this the boat liquidator in Alabama?
    That would be him. I was unable to get leave negative feedback because in order to get my deposit money back through paypal we had to cancel the auction which didnt let me leave feedback. That is why I came to BBC and several other places to try and make people aware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast