Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    The wife and I will be hunting Az unit 10 next friday. I have glassed several bulls that are very worthy of a tag.
    Be sure to post pics and good luck.

2. Member
    So an archery elk hunt would be a dream come true. If a person was looking to do a do it yourself hunt public land and not have to apply for multiple years what state or area would a guy look into? Can someone buy otc tags for a bull elk?

3. Member
    Apply for N.M.No preference points and your odds on year one are as good as everyone else.Many great units ;but scouting can make all the difference.This years hunts run from Sept. 1st to 14th and 15th t0 24th.Either hunt is good ; but I prefer the later hunt.If you have never hunted elk a good guide can be a real advantage.Some guys on this site drew tags several years ago and I put them on elk on day one.Good Luck and be in shape!

Idaho and Colorado have many units that offer otc elk tags. You will have to work at it but it can be done

Well I finally made it back from another cross country adventure. The weather was our biggest challenge, I don't handle heat well... and setting up elk camp at 96 degrees was almost a joke. But by using my 2 least favorite tactics (patience and persistence) I was able to put some meat in the freezer. A nice Idaho cow under those conditions was a trophy to me! Good luck to everyone else. Hopefully the cool down that is currently taking place will benefit everyone.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123