Talon interfere with ladder

I mounted my talons using the jackplate brackets and to get them tucked in close to the transom they block the triton pull out boarding ladder. My question is are guys blocking the ladder and not using it or mounting them out away from the transom? The way I have them now they drag quite a bit but I can pull the ladder out.

2. Member
    I setup poles, so they don't drag in the water...... use the outboard motor for a ladder, just make sure it's Off.

3. Member
    If you bought a 10" jp you wouldn't have those stupid spacers

4. Member
    I have an 8” BMS jackplate and have the same issue. I built a rope ladder that snaps onto the talon bracket and is stowed on the grab handle abreast of the splashwell. For me, the benefit of keeping the talons close to the transom outweighs the loss of the rescue ladder.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    I have an 8” BMS jackplate and have the same issue. I built a rope ladder that snaps onto the talon bracket and is stowed on the grab handle abreast of the splashwell. For me, the benefit of keeping the talons close to the transom outweighs the loss of the rescue ladder.
    I removed the end of the ladder and cut and sanded it down. Removed about 1/2 inch on the talon side and it now will pull out past.if I didn’t show it to you, you would never notice. That ladder was one resons I wanted a Triton, I like takin the kids out swimming and they enjoy the ladder.