How can I get more bow lift?

Hi. I have a 99 Javelin Renegade 20 with a 99 Johnson 225 ho 6 inch Jack Plate 25 pitch Renegade prop 5in prop to pad turning about 5,600 to 5,700 RPMs and I'm only getting 64 to 65 mph with a quarter tank of fuel and literally nothing in the front of the boat besides the trolling motor and I know there's a lot more to be had with this boat I'm 99% percent sure it's because I'm not getting enough bow lift. any ideas?

2. Member
    Bringing your motor down will give you more bow lift, adding more setback will give you more bow lift, Different prop or adding more cup to your prop.

These are the only things that will give you more bow lift without lighting the front end of the boat.

3. Member
    Gas it lol

I have the same boat but a 2000 with a 200HO Etec. 6'' JP is just fine on this boat. You need to raise the motor up so you are 3-1/4 - 3-1/2 PTP. Renegade props suck for bow lift and these hull need a lot of it. I run a 25 Trophy the most with great performance but also run a 25 Tempest and that gives a bit more bow lift. Either one is good. I know in cooler weather I could turn a 26P prop all day long. If you fish a lot of rough water get the Trophy if not get the tempest in a 26. Also before anything else make sure your motor is right because you should turning the Gade faster. Raise the motor to 3-1/2 and see what happens with the Gade.
    But if your motor is right then get one of the Merc props. Don't get the Merc hub kit though. Get the Michigan Wheel #200 hub kit as they are better and won't cause possible issue as the Merc does.
    Also these hulls like weight in the azz. Once you get that thing up and moving to around 65 MPH you will start to chine walk. Fill your lives well and have full tank of fuel and it will help a lot with the chine but won't effect speed much. Over time you will learn how to control the chine walk and not need water or full fuel to run flat out. If your boat isn't water logged and your motor is right with the right prop you have a 75MPH plus boat.
    Post up if you end up having more questions.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    Ditch the Renegade and get a Tempest.

6. Member
    bravo 1
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    It's very inconvenient fishing wise but put your heavier tackle.in the back of the boat.
    Eastern Kentucky University
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

8. Member
    a Solas Scorpion will give you the lift you want and then some. Trust me! It's a T1 copy.

9. Member
    I’m trying a Scorpion and have no complaints! What PTP are you running the Scorpion?