2002 Stratos 20X - worth it?

All,
    I'm sure there are tons of these questions, however, I am unfamiliar with Stratos.
    I am interested in a 2002 Stratos 20X dual console with a Yamaha OX66 motor.

here is the excerpt from the ad
    "2002 Stratos 20XL dual console, HDS5 Gen 2 in the dash, 858 Hummingbird on the bow, Hydro Wave, MinnKota 2 pedestal seats and 1 folding seat, MinnKota Fortrex 24v 80lb trolling motor 8" manual jack plate, Minnkota 10' Talons and brackets, dual live wells, lots of storage space and can hold 8'rods, carpet and seats are worn, break away trailer tongue with good trailer tires, Yamaha V Max 225 OX66, runs 71mph w/ full load & 1 person, 24p Fury prop, very stable in rough water"

They are asking 17,500. I havent been able to find any of these boats for sale to compare prices, however, compared to the others it seems close to inline in CA. I know NADA is about 4K less than this, but obviously doesn't take into account the Talons, but they arent terribly important to me either.

Any opinions on this setup or price?
    Anything to look for in these particular models?
    Any help is appreciated.

2. Member
    Good boats, worth a look. Wouldn't pay that much for one, but he might be willing to deal. Ask for a test drive and check it out. If interested, have a mechanic check over the motor.

3. Member
    very good boats,the ox66 engines are as reliable as it gets.if you like the boat ask the owner if he will take off the talons and offer him $13,000.00,good luck to you
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

4. Member
    I have a 201 pro and love it. the ride and speed are great. The asking price is what book values it at. Keep in mind that the extras help value but in the book values they are not accounted for.

5. Member
    I wouldnt say that is a bad price. The extras make it worth it IMO. If it had better graphs and new seats/carpet, I would put it over $20k

6. Member
    I have a 20 xl it is and has been a great boat! Mine runs 70 loaded!
    You need Any other questions answered drop me a message.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

7. Member
    Stratos is going out of business. No 2018 models. However I dont think value will increase like it did with champs unless it is a stratachamp.
    2013 Skeeter ZX20, 250 SHO
    26 pitch Turbo FXP

8. Member
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I am trying to schedule a time to go run it. Hoping I will have my little Ranger sold soon as well.