Thread: Livewell Help

Livewell Help

I have a 97 Stratos 285 PE. Was hoping some of you could help me up with the live well. You control the livewells at the bow. If you flip the switch to manual, the wells will fill constantly. Once you switch it to automatic, it will pump fresh water in on a timer. When trailering the boat, I flip the switches at the bow to off and flip the switches at the console to recirculate. This will recirculate the water on constant but does not pump fresh water in.

So here's my question, when running the livewells on the automatic timer, it seems they fill up way too much. It fills to the point where the spray nozzle is under water which I don't like because I want the water to splash to increase the water flow which provides more oxygen. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way I can avoid this?

There is an overflow so I'm not worried about the water filling up too high but when the automatic timer only pumps in new water rather than recirculating, it seems like the new water would be the first to go into the overflow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The water will go as high as your overflow drain so if the spray head isn't higher than that it will be what it is. Shouldn't be an issue though. I always run on auto all day while fishing and never have fish die.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.