482v Fuel Line Replacement

Does anyone that has replaced the fuel line on a 482v/481v know the hose type and length of line needed to go from the tanks to the fuel filter? Mine has a Johnson Fast Strike with the fuel filter mounted to the inside center of the transom. I want to pull the new one through so I have to keep the old one in and can't measure it. I don't want to order too much line and waste it. My line won't hold a prime and the only portion left to replace is from the filter to the tanks.

You can measure from the center of the transom to side of boat, measure from transom to center of tank, then from side of boat to center of tank.
    Add the three measurements and you have your length required. The hose from the tank to the bulb is 3/8" ID and extra heavy wall for Coast Guard regulations. Hose from bulb to engine is 5/16" ID. That is standard for Ranger.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    You can measure from the center of the transom to side of boat, measure from transom to center of tank, then from side of boat to center of tank.
    Add the three measurements and you have your length required. The hose from the tank to the bulb is 3/8" ID and extra heavy wall for Coast Guard regulations. Hose from bulb to engine is 5/16" ID. That is standard for Ranger.
    Thanks, that's a great way to estimate the length.

4. mikesxpress
    Pull the old line out with a rope attached and you have your measurement and the line in place to pull the new fuel line.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Pull the old line out with a rope attached and you have your measurement and the line in place to pull the new fuel line.
    Great idea. Will use this method. Thanks

6. Member
    I measured 11 feet from tank to fuel filter and just under 24" from each tank to tank selector.

7. Member
    I replaced mine a couple rears ago, thinking it took 20 feet to the filter. Go with 3/8 line all the way. Be sure and get the right line for under the deck. It's heavier line.