GoPro Episode #3: The Dog Days

I live near a lake that is full of quality bass but is notoriously tough during the summer. It's common to catch one bass the entire day when the water temps climb above 80*. I discovered a pattern that bumps those catch rates up.

Im having issues keeping my GoPro on. Batteries die within an hour and I'm unsure what else I can do besides carry my three with me. I caught a good one on the day but missed it because my camera died. Any suggestions?

thanks for watching!

2. Member
    Get you a Portable charger from Walmart in the cell phone area... I use a pocket juice extreme at 10000 mAh and a longer USB cable that fits the GoPro. This allows me to charge while recording. I had to do some modifications to my GoPro cases to allow me to plug the charging cable to the camera. Now, I fill up my Sd cards before my camera dies unless I was running two at the same time. Simple fix though!!! I just bought another charger and cable. I found them on sale at Walmart for 10 bucks! Hope this helps you out and nice video!!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner87 View Post
    Get you a Portable charger from Walmart in the cell phone area... I use a pocket juice extreme at 10000 mAh and a longer USB cable that fits the GoPro. This allows me to charge while recording. I had to do some modifications to my GoPro cases to allow me to plug the charging cable to the camera. Now, I fill up my Sd cards before my camera dies unless I was running two at the same time. Simple fix though!!! I just bought another charger and cable. I found them on sale at Walmart for 10 bucks! Hope this helps you out and nice video!!!
    can you send me a link with the chargers you bought? Thanks for the tip!

4. Member
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tzumi-PJ-...lack/125394690

I also have the GoPro extended battery on one of my cameras. But the charging port quit charging on it so I have to charge from the camera now! But it still charges up and gives me that extra life but not near as much as the portable charger.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/GoPro-Bat...0yCAo4ghW613sc

I also made a couple of my covers into " skeletal covers" with a drill and dremel tool. Here's the link for what I was gonna have to buy though.
    https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-2...AHSSK-301.html

hope this helps and your welcome.

5. Member
    I also did the same modification to my case I use a 10' cord from amazon, and just hook it to my boat battery via a cigarette lighter adapter. No issues