Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

So I got banned....what is your guys opinions?

I got banned from a tournament trail last weekend for voicing my opinion like many other members did as well (they are not banned) because of a "mandatory $100 donation on top of the original entry to fish a scheduled trail stop". Below I am including the link to the post I made on here back when it started and pasting my original Facebook post.

What do you guys think?

Via my Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1387944934

Well it's unfortunate to say that I have officially been BANNED from a large bass circuit in SE Wisconsin (WABTA) that is run by Kevin Mansur for reasons that I will explain. First off I'm not one to go out of my way to make a stink about things that are truly my fault but when it seems unjust because myself and others voiced our opinion I get banned but they don't because of what seems like a personal vendetta against me for whatever reason with the head director (Kevin Mansur). Today I went to fish a WABTA event on the Madison Chain as a sub since my partners original partner could not fish so I didn't know until a few nights ago. So when I showed up I walked by Kevin and he asked if I was fishing and I said yes as a sub and that was when he said for the first time that I was banned from the circuit for what I posted on social media about poor decision made by WABTA and below I am including the screen shot of the original post and a link to the forum so you can all read the comments that were left by others. The board wanted to take a vote on if I could fish today or not but Kevin turned it down and said he is the head director and it's his choice. So in no way am I bashing the friends I have on the WABTA board directors or any of the teams fishing it because they are good people but I am asking for your opinions on this matter on if it seems fair or not?

Old Post from on here:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....578&highlight=
    2018 Nitro Z21

I'm better than you
    http://www.facebook.com/vincent.hytry

Yeah that whole deal sounds fishy to me. I've never heard of a "Mandatory Donation". I wouldn't go anywhere near that crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by jamey1e View Post
    Yeah that whole deal sounds fishy to me. I've never heard of a "Mandatory Donation". I wouldn't go anywhere near that crowd!
    Myself and many others think the same. Something isn't right....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamey1e View Post
    Sounds like taxes...lol

5. Member
    I wouldn't have participated.

First off I would not be fishing that tournament. something just doesn't add up and second how can they just change the rules middle of the Season if the board is going to vote on who can fish and who can't then all the Anglers involved who finished the tournament trail should have voted on the rule change no vote , no change in my opinion

I never even fished the event that required the "donation" instead I decided to fish few months later as sub at which point I was told that I was banned.

8. Banned
    Find another club or start your own. Sounds like you have plenty of members that would join. Heck I might fish as a back seater once or twice a year, or if someone needed a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by mrc.in.wi View Post
    Find another club or start your own. Sounds like you have plenty of members that would join. Heck I might fish as a back seater once or twice a year, or if someone needed a sub.
    Actually did switch to Anglers Choice this past spring and am very happy with how it is run and can't wait to fish somewhere down south for the championship. AC actually had it's biggest turnout in Wisconsin a few weeks ago in Madison! We'd love to see ya fishing Anglers Choice if you get the chance gonna be on Rock Lake this coming Sunday.

10. Member
    Why not go fish for FUN! ?

11. Member
    I agree with pretty much all the above posts. I do not think you are missing much by not fishing that tournament trail. It just does not sound right. Mandatory donation do not go together as far as I am thinking

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    Why not go fish for FUN! ?
    I've missed two days of fishing out of the last 20 days. Most times out I am fun fishing.

Rcgopro made a reply in your other thread as the head of the event ... i don't see any ill intentions... trying to stop the derailment of fundraising for a great cause is about all I see ... I think it would have taken about a half hours time for me to raise 100 bucks for camp Ryan

If I didn't like it I would just opt out and move on .. seems like you did and like it better from your posts ?? What's the issue ?

I would not lose sleep over it. Move on and keep fishing. I highly doubt the TD cares what BBC thinks since we don't fish the trail.

15. Banned
    Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Rcgopro made a reply in your other thread as the head of the event ... i don't see any ill intentions... trying to stop the derailment of fundraising for a great cause is about all I see ... I think it would have taken about a half hours time for me to raise 100 bucks for camp Ryan

If I didn't like it I would just opt out and move on .. seems like you did and like it better from your posts ?? What's the issue ?
    Since when does a donation become mandatory on top of the original entry fee for a event that is also a scheduled trail stop that is used for team of the year points plus qualifying for the championship?

Yes I did opt out of the event but came back as a sub months later to fish with a friend for fun at which point I was banned on site and denied a board vote because the director said it was his choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I would not lose sleep over it. Move on and keep fishing. I highly doubt the TD cares what BBC thinks since we don't fish the trail.
    The BBC post was his reason for banning me so this will obviously get to him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    Bummer
    🐄🐮✂️

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    The BBC post was his reason for banning me so this will obviously get to him as well.
    What end result are you hoping for?

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    What end result are you hoping for?
    This is how "political coup's" are started. I'm sure he's gathering steam from social media before he makes a serious move.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast