Verado 275 will not shift into reverse!

SN 1B289627, 2006 275XL. My brother recently purchased a triton 240LTS with said motor that has 68 hrs on motor. Having a problem with motor not shifting into reverse. Will shift into forward and neutral with no problem. Can shift into neutral but Smartcraft shows a Fault Shift Act. Took motor to a tech and he checked the actuator which he said was fine. He said he had seen the problem before. He replaced the isolator seal which he said was cracked or needed to be replaced and that it was getting too much air and causing motor to rev too high which would cause the computer to throw a code. Boat fixed, took back to coast and boat worked fine all day. No problems with shifting in and out of reverse. But as he was power loading onto trailer the code was thrown and reverse has gone out again. Any ideas as to where to start or has anyone experienced this problem and had it resolved. Thanks for any input.
    2000 Ranger Bay 200c
    2000 Mercury 225 EFI

2. Member
    Found the problem. Broke bell crank that was in three pieces. Apparently broke while power loading onto trailer. I understand there was a recall on that particular part but I'm sure it expired. Don't know if original owner had it replaced or what. Brother is 3rd owner of boat.
    2000 Ranger Bay 200c
    2000 Mercury 225 EFI

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Boating Safety Act Service Bulletins never expire.

Get this engine to a local Authorized Mercury Dealer for the following Service Bulletins/Campaigns that are open:

2007-003
    2007-019
    2011-003

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Mr. Don, those service bulletins should be fixed free of charge correct? I'm ignorant when it come to those service bulletins as I've never had to deal with one.
    2000 Ranger Bay 200c
    2000 Mercury 225 EFI

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes, they should be.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor