Set up help please!

Just purchased a 94 javelin 409 bass boat with a 200hp Yamaha it has a 12 inch jackplate, motor sits 5 inch under pad and I don't believe it can go any higher. The boat only hit 54 on gps and I hear of most setups hittin 65+ with these javelin boats. I believe prop is a 23p. What can I do to hit the 65 mph mark??
    any suggestions on prop and jackplate
    thanks

Ad a jackplate and set P2P around 3.5" under to start. Raker prop will prob be fastest, Renegade will do everything else better but be couple mph slower more than likely. might even want to try a tempest and/or trophy
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

3. Banned
    5" below and will not come up something is completely wrong you should be able to raise the motor as high as you want. You are roughly 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 inches too low.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Ad a jackplate and set P2P around 3.5" under to start. Raker prop will prob be fastest, Renegade will do everything else better but be couple mph slower more than likely. might even want to try a tempest and/or trophy
    He has a plate,12", which may be too much. 6-8" plate and a 24" Tempest+ prop. Start ptp at 4" under. Did you post on Stratos/Javalin forum?