Starting TM 360 for first time

I am going to run a 360 TM with my Helix 12 MEGA. I have just the one head unit, NO network with another unit. The 360 will be connected directly to this Helix 12 MEGA unit. (I have a tiller steer boat and everything is within reach of the rear seat position -- troller, 360, and the head unit). I have a 2D and MEGA ducers on the split cable connected to this same head unit. I am Not
    going to use the GPS puck that came with the 360 at this time.

Do I need to make any kind of initial selections to get this set up or is it "plug and play" when I turn it on ?

thanks, kindly, Chris

The 360 is an Ethernet accessory. Connect the 360 to the unit via Ethernet cable, power up the 360, power up the unit and the unit will find the 360. It takes a few/several minutes, but it will happen. The Accessories tab will show it once the unit finds it.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360
    Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link
    Dual Power Pole Blades

3. Member
    Your setup is identical to mine . You will love the 360. What I do is turn on the 360 first give it a couple minutes like stated above, while I unwrap the boat, then I turn on my mega helix then launch my boat. By the time I get back to my boat and hit exit key it has found the 360. I did have problems booting it up the other way with it not a finding the 360. However this took care of it. The 360 is. Badas# . If you play with the sensitivity and contrast you will have no problem seeing fish. It's a learning curve but it doesn't take too long to figure out . It will change the way you fish

4. Member
    You might want to use the puck that comes with the 360. It's nice to see your GPS waypoints on the screen with the 360 view . Mine is located on the transom over my mega transducer .

Thanks for these comments guys, very much appreciated. I plan on taking her out on
    the water this next Monday. Very excited about it. I feel "armed and dangerous".

I'm going to hook up the puck when I come up with a good mounting solution.

Question -- Do you guys turn your 360 off when you pull up to move to another spot ?

6. Banned
    if you start the 360 first and then start the unit unattended, isn't the 360 spinning until you disable ping?

7. Member
    If I switch to anything other than 360 it stops. I physically checked this to make sure it was. I fish electric only lakes I leave my 360 down all the time . I just switch screens to mega si and the 360 switches off . My as360tm is on a tm bracket hung off the transom the offset of the 360 bracket clears my mega ducer and have no cross talk issue. I've had this set up for about a month and a half now and I've had no issues once I put my 360 on the opposite side of the transom as the transducer. Calaveras Lake would be a good place to start , or canyon lake:-) happy hunting!
    Last edited by Wallace; 07-26-2017 at 09:25 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    if you start the 360 first and then start the unit unattended, isn't the 360 spinning until you disable ping?
    When my helix boots up ping is disabled so it should not. Now when I plug in the 360 I believe it rotates for a second and stops

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    If I switch to anything other than 360 it stops. I physically checked this to make sure it was. I fish electric only lakes I leave my 360 down all the time . I just switch screens to mega si and the 360 switches off . My as360tm is on a tm bracket hung off the transom the offset of the 360 bracket clears my mega ducer and have no cross talk issue. I've had this set up for about a month and a half now and I've had no issues once I put my 360 on the opposite side of the transom as the transducer. Calaveras Lake would be a good place to start , or canyon lake:-) happy hunting!
    awesome. that's good news. I'm adding an ultex and 360 next week so i was interested

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    When my helix boots up ping is disabled so it should not. Now when I plug in the 360 I believe it rotates for a second and stops
    seems like my solix starts up with ping enabled. I always wait for it to boot up so i can disable it. I'll have to play with it next time out

10. Member
    Yeah mine always boots up with it off

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    awesome. that's good news. I'm adding an ultex and 360 next week so i was interested

seems like my solix starts up with ping enabled. I always wait for it to boot up so i can disable it. I'll have to play with it next time out
    My SOLIX boots with 360 pinging Off.
    Jimmy Young

2021 Nitro Z19
    Mercury 200 ProXS
    Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    Humminbird HELIX 12 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    Humminbird
    HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G3N
    Humminbird HELIX 12
    CHIRP MEGA DI+ GPS G4N at bow
    Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI GPS G3N CHO at bow
    Humminbird MEGA 360