200 venom vro problems

j---stlece motor 98
    after replacing my fuel filter and a couple lines today i got the system back together and primed it to see it isn't holding complete pressure, so assuming it was a float valve stuck i pulled the carb off the #6 cylinder and fuel poured out of that cylinder even without the carb body on it. I believe I have tracked it down to the VRO pump on the fuel side of the vro the bottom fuel line is pushing fuel into the crank case. Does this all make sense? Guessing that the diaphram on the fuel pump side has cracked.. Looking for a part number and i cant seem to find one...
    Po' Boys Milford Jackpots
    I70 Bass Anglers Team Trail

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    There are three hoses on the underside of the pump. One from the crank case that provides vacuum to operate the pump, that one goes to the blue pulse limiter. The next is the Fuel line and then the next is the oil line. Fuel/oil mix come out the top of the pump to the fuel tree where it is distributed to all 6 carbs in a specific fashion. Here's an image of the pump;.

On the new style pumps, clamps are used to keep the fittings in place as they have made the pump universal for all the V-6/V-4 motors.

it definitely has fuel coming out of the pulse fitting when I prime the system straight into the crank case,

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    You can either get the rebuild kit for it or bite the bullet and get a new one. Sounds like the diaphragm has a hole in it. I'd bite the bullet and get a NOS on Ebay for ~$370. Part number is 5007420.

What are the pros and cons to going to a stand alone conversion kit ? Id like to keep the oil injection for piece of mind, but I also don't enjoy the 400$ price tag on a new OEM pump..

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Bite the bullet.....you won't regret it in the long run.....JMHO

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The stand alone kit is ~300 from Promarine and you'll have to premix. I have a 50% success rate on rebuild, I can have a new one r/r'd in the time it takes to rebuild one.