Ranger RT188 Ethernet Routing Question

I want to connect two HDS 7 Gen 3 graphs with an Ethernet cable. Has anyone run the cable from the bow graph area to the console? I assume I just need to pull up the foot pedal container to get access to the channel running to the console. If not, please give me some guidance.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Chuck
    2017 Ranger RT188 w/ Yamaha 115 HP SHO, Peoria AZ

2. Member
    Did you post in the Ranger forum?

Take the foot pedal tray out, take the controls clam shell off on top of the transom, take the engine control box out. Get someone else to push on the control cables at the transom while you pull the engine control box out and forward. stick your head down in the hole left by the foot pedal tray and look back along the starboard side and you will see a rigging tube. use a metal fish tape to run thru the tube and it will exit inside the side panel above the hole left by the engine control box. use the tape to pull your enet cable to the bow. take the other end and use your hand behind the side panel thru the engine control box hole to work the end thru the flexible tube running up under the console. Route and connect your enet cable ends and put it all back together.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    Did you post in the Ranger forum?
    Go to the Tin Boat forum. Alot of RT owners there.

5. Member
    How do you post on or join a forum?
    2017 Ranger RT188 w/ Yamaha 115 HP SHO, Peoria AZ

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Take the foot pedal tray out, take the controls clam shell off on top of the transom, take the engine control box out. Get someone else to push on the control cables at the transom while you pull the engine control box out and forward. stick your head down in the hole left by the foot pedal tray and look back along the starboard side and you will see a rigging tube. use a metal fish tape to run thru the tube and it will exit inside the side panel above the hole left by the engine control box. use the tape to pull your enet cable to the bow. take the other end and use your hand behind the side panel thru the engine control box hole to work the end thru the flexible tube running up under the console. Route and connect your enet cable ends and put it all back together.
    Sounds right based on my running my LSS2 and my from HDS7. I did not run the Ethernet cable this time, but the tube is there. I use a fiberglass fishtape, pretty easy to install.

PS Any BBC Member can post in any forum.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcrc View Post
    How do you post on or join a forum?
    Go back to the list of forum names and instead of clicking on "general bassboat topics" scroll down till you see one called "tin boats" and click on that one. You will find a lot of people who specialize in aluminum boats including many Ranger RT owners that can assist you with just about any question.