Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

XB21 Graph Mount At Console

Tim Powell and I have been talking about a better way to mount a big graph at the driver console. I designed one for my boat that I hope to get time to have made soon. The idea is to use the rod tube without doing away with the tube since it is very handy for securing a rod. I'll be having a SS tube made to replace the plastic insert sleeve and it will have a couple of fastening ears on it to secure it to the deck neatly. The machine shop I use can make several less expensively than just one. Is anybody else interested? I think Tim said he knows a couple of guys that wanted the new mount. BTW, I will have a flat, machined SS pre-drilled mounting base on mine to accept whichever heavy duty mount I use since I know I'm going to be putting a 12" unit on there. Just taking a poll for now. I do not have pricing yet but a good guess would be something in the $200 range.

I would be a player if it is like I think it is. I have talked to Tim about it. I have a balzout there now but would like to use rod tube

Good idea sir!

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Yep, it should be pretty slick!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

5. Member
    That is a great idea... would work across all models too..

6. Member
    I may be interested..id have to see it ..ive been playing witb the solix 12 and i think with the right spacer i could almost get it in the dash..it would block my water pressure and fuel guage though..

7. Member
    If you could post a drawing of what you're thinking that would be helpful. Thanks
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

8. BBC SPONSOR
    He's too busy letting me catch his smallmouth
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

Any updates

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Its still a work in progress, hope to take it to the machinist soon.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

11. Member
    Where is the twiddling my thumbs emoji. Anxiously awaiting a pic or drawing.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

12. Member
    Lol

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

Dang it .. seen you posted Tim and thought we might have made some progress .. LOL

15. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mgeod View Post
    Dang it .. seen you posted Tim and thought we might have made some progress .. LOL
    :Roll:

I'll call Johnny and see what's going on.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

16. Member
    I apologize for the delay guys. I have been trying to catch up at work and that has not left me any time to get by my machinist buddy's shop for measure up. The last month has been crazy. Tomorrow if Mark is not out of town I am going to try to bribe him into a trip to the cabin by offering a Dot's lunch. He can measure up for the machining work I need done. I have 2 projects on my boat I want to get done including the mount for the console graph. I put an order in for my electronics yesterday and they are on back order. I wanted to try out the new HB's but the Nite Tracker night vision system I'm adding to my boat will not work with the HB units but will the Lowrance units. So I'll be installing a 12" Lowrance at the console and up front. I have no doubts the new console mount will be excellent for us though. Cost will depend on whether an off the shelf SS tube can be located or if a tube has to be sized to fit the exact hole of the plastic sleeve less a few thou.

Johnny can you share what your thoughts are on this. If I am following correctly with my thinking. Going to fabricate a bracket or mount to fasten to deck that will elevate what ever mount we want. This will allow the rod tube to be used. Or are you looking at a complete mount?5

18. Member
    The plan is to remove the plastic rod tube which currently runs from just in front of the console on our boats and ends at the rear compartment behind the driver seat. Then I'll replace the plastic rod tube with a SS tube of about the same diameter and length s the plastic one. The SS tube will be slightly longer so as to extend out farther towards the front of the boat about 3"-4" or so. This will allow for a couple of things to be added to the new SS tube. #1. A couple of mounting feet will be welded to the bottom of the tube, extending out towards the interior side of the boat to allow me to secure the tube securely to the deck of the boat. I anticipate the mounting feet will be about 3/4" wide and 1-1/4" long with a 1/4" hole in each one of the 2 feet. I plan on using .125" SS if I think its rigid enough for the feet tabs. It is possible the rear end of the SS tube may need a support as well but I won't know that until I see how it mounts. The #2 thing the SS tube will have added to it is a tig welded mounting bracket or flat to which a well built electronics mount can be screwed to it. I anticipate this mount bracket will be about 2" higher than the tube and welded on very well with full welds on either side so the bracket is extremely rigid. I plan on having the bracket tapped for the screws that accommodates my electronic mounts. Right now I plan on using the mount from TH Marine since I have a buddy with one and he has some connections there. He thinks he can get me a deal on one. We shall see about that. LOL. I was pretty impressed with the stable mount they provided on my bud's boat though. In a nutshell that is the plan. Will it work? I think so. I may put a plastic liner inside the SS tube to protect the rod tips. My first thoughts are to put some plastic dip inside the SS tube and spin it well to evenly coat the inside with plastic. I'm not too concerned about that at present though. I know that's an easy fix one way or the other. I hope this long explanation gave you a picture in your mind of whats up.

It does , I use a Balzout mount now . I will have to look at the T H mount .

20. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I know some guys with the bassport pro like the rod tube on the drivers side and utilize it but I for one hate it and have mine blocked off. ALl the water that runs in that tube ends up in my rear starboard compartment and everything in there gets soaked. There should be a drain assembly installed in that tube somewhere along the length of it to drain the water out of it before it all ends up in the rear compartment.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast