Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I purchased the graph mount that Allison designed for the side of the gunnel and really like it over my ram mount configuration that I replaced. Along with my mod to attach the HDS in travel mode or full usage mode while fishing it is serving me well.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

2. Member
    I looked at the Allison mount and talked to a couple guys about it. I'm sure it serves the purpose well. I wanted a mount that was mounted a little different which is why I went the direction I went.

What size unit do you have on it Craig? I have one that I haven't installed . Looks like my 12 will be really tight or hang over the side of the boat if mounted there. I am keeping all options open at this point . I have never used the rod tube . I mounted my unit in front of it from day one. I really think I would like to use it . How many rods do you guys usually keep on that side ? It would be nice it they would retro fit the older hulls with a new dash to take a bigger unit. I would like mine in the dash. I am guessing that is not a option , I haven't asked .. Maybe I should give Bill a call and see .

12 inch is no problem, johnathon has the first one made and has the big boy ray marine attached to it. i've personally grabbed a hold of it shook jerked and it does not move at all
    xb-21 prosport 225 pro xs

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I have an HDS12 gen 3. I posted pics on the other post from F150 owner. I doesn't stick out over the gunnel
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

6. Member
    I order that allison mount serval weeks ago and the still havent sent it.how big are the hd units that your putting on it.

7. Member
    When I put my HDS12 on my last Bassport I had to put the biggest RAM mount I could find in front of the rod tube. That made using the tube useless. I personally like the tube with the longer rods we use these days. I can easily put 3 in there and probably more. 3 is about it for me though. I was not real happy with the location of the big 12 on my last boat and hope to move the graph closer, yet with better stability, towards me in the cockpit. Time will tell if I am successful. I sure hope so as it would solve an issue for a few folks. Maybe the Allison mount bracket is the way to go. I can't say since I have no experience with it.

8. Member
    Ok. Time for a little update or progress report. I had Mark, my machine shop owning buddy to look at my boat last night. He sees no problem at all making the replacement tube and adding the stabilizing mount to it as well. I believe we will have one in my boat at the SOTW get together next month. As soon as I get pictures I'll be glad to share. I don't know the price point yet but I know they will be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    Ok. Time for a little update or progress report. I had Mark, my machine shop owning buddy to look at my boat last night. He sees no problem at all making the replacement tube and adding the stabilizing mount to it as well. I believe we will have one in my boat at the SOTW get together next month. As soon as I get pictures I'll be glad to share. I don't know the price point yet but I know they will be reasonable.

Thanks for the update Johnny. I will be waiting before I make any move on mine to see what y'all come up with .

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Hmmm...im gonna have to have a little talk with Mr. Mark!
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

11. Member
    Parts are being made! Mark and I have been back and forth a couple of times on the tube, liner, mounting feet, and support base. All that has been worked out now and by the end of this coming week a 1st run product should be ready to try out on my boat. It may take a couple of tweaks to get it right but it will be ready by rally time if all goes well.

Good deal My Maxwell !!

13. Member
    I've been assured by Mark that he will have the machining work done on the tube replacement/graph mount before the SOTW Rally in Clifton. I'll have it ready to see when I get there. I just don't have any new electronics to mount on it yet.

14. Member
    I just saw the mount as it is being made. Wow! I am even impressed and I designed that thing. Mark did a great job on it. I'll have it on my boat by mid-week next week. It is pretty sweet if I do say so.

15. BBC SPONSOR
    I just saw the mount as it is being made. Wow! I am even impressed and I designed that thing. Mark did a great job on it. I'll have it on my boat by mid-week next week. It is pretty sweet if I do say so.
    You just think you will
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

Pictures please

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by mgeod View Post
    Pictures please
    I will have my hands on it today.
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

sweet can't wait to see pictures ..

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    You just think you will
    Keep them nasty paws off my mount! LOL You caught me down and stole my treasure.

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Keep them nasty paws off my mount! LOL You caught me down and stole my treasure.
    Mark even helped me mount it on my boat
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast