1999 175 EFI possible water in fuel

Serial # is 0G944199. The last few times I've had my boat out, the motor has been sputtering and dying when idling. I've been getting an alarm as well, but I'm not sure how many beeps it's giving me (stupid me, I haven't paid attention to it). I read on another post that the 99 200 EFI has 3 possible alarms, with one being fast beeps which can signify water in the fuel. Seeing as how I began having issues after putting E10 fuel in for the first time ever (it was all the station had), I figured that might be a possibility. I did put in 2 cans of Sea Foam to combat any ethanol issues. What is the best way to tell if there is water in the fuel? Taking off the fuel/water separator filter and pouring it out? If I find out that it is water in the fuel that is causing my problems, what is the best way to handle it? Siphon out all the gas? Will an additive help? Thanks!

2. Banned
    On my 1998 175 if the separator is full you get a constant alarm no beeping solid noise. Yes just unscrew the separator and empty it. I was told you can leave them upside down to dry them out and reinstall but I never have always replaced with a new one every spring. Turn it over and let it drain in a jar it will scare the crap out of you what is in your fuel.