Thread: 26 Fury help...

26 Fury help...

I bought a new boat a few months ago (not my first by any stretch of the imagination). It came with a 25p Fury but now that break-in is over, I would like to put the 26p Fury on that I got with the boat as well (brand new in the box prop). Here's the deal....was gonna switch it out the other day and the hub kit doesn't fit on the shaft of my Merc (250 Pro XS 2017). The shaft is too big for the hub to fit over.
    The 25 that i took off has the solid "steel" hub. The 26 has the plastic flo through hub. I would just take the hub out of the 25 and put it in the 26, but I was at the lake when I did all of this and I think I would need a hammer and brass punch to get that hub out of the 25 (it's in there good!). So...my question is this; why doesn't the hub fit that came with the 26? Is there a special hub kit or am I missing something super easy here?

Sounds like your motor/lower has a "Fat Shaft"... just use the hub out of the 25. The nylon kit you have is prob for a regular shaft merc
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

3. Member
    You can use a socket as the punch and drive it out or you can buy another one so you'll have a spare because they do break.