Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Thanks Savage. I also just ordered a WP gage so that will be here tomorrow. ill get that replaced and raise the motor up. I don't know If I can swing the new prop yet so I may just have to make due with the banged up one now till I can put some money aside for it.

2. Member
    If the plate has been raised all the way up you can always raise the motor up one or 2 bolts holes on the plate. When you have the money to buy a prop look on the Props 4 Sale board here there are usually two or three 25 trophy's for sale.
    Last edited by mdtritn21; 07-26-2017 at 10:08 AM.

3. Banned
    ok so wp gauge is getting delivered today. ill install tomorrow night. boats in a storage unit about a half hour from my house. on more question is anyone sure of what size the bolts are for the jack plate so I can try to raise that as well. I know there are 3 bolts on each side and one in the middle. if I am facing out the back of the boat do I turn the center screw to the right to rise it. first time raising a jackplate so want to make sure I do it right.

4. Member
    The one in the center raises it and three that hold it in place on each side don't need to be replaced just loosen them up and raise the motor.

5. Banned
    So took the boat out today with the new wp gauge. With the ptp is still at 4 inches below pad. I was only getting at 15 psi at full throttle. Im thinking I may need a new impeller. No alarms but I think I should be getting more water pressure right.
    Last edited by sdfisherman1995; 07-29-2017 at 04:09 PM.

6. Member
    Don't put just an impeller in it put a complete water pump kit in it. 15 lbs at WOT is OK but you don't want it any lower at WOT. If you raise your motor up to 3 1/2 under and try it you may gain some water pressure at WOT because you will be going faster and getting more ram pressure if that lower unit has low water pickups in the nose.

7. Banned
    Thanks and yes I should have said water pump kit. It doesn't have low water pickups so I think I will get the water pump replaced. Is there anything I should look at to to get the wp up

A dinged up prop will definitely make a huge difference in performance.
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

9. Member
    Just a complete kit, make sure the bottom plate is in the kit and don't put the gaskets on wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12