Thread: Actuator

Actuator

Does anyone know what the part number is for the actuator on a 2007 Gambler 2100 Amera Trail trailer? Or better yet where to find this part? I am in the process of getting it ready to sell and would like to replace this before doing so.

2. Member
    Try calling Ameratril directly. I have bought parts from them in the past.
    2012 Sterling
    2017 250xs Racing

3. Member
    I took mine to the trailer shop in town and they located the actuator from one of their suppliers. I'll check and see if I kept the info. My trailer is a 2008.

4. Member
    The actuator I got came from Tie Down Engineering, part #47267K. Hope that helps.

5. Member
    Thanks for the help! I will call Ameratrail and if all else fails, I will take it to the local shops.

6. Member
    I ordered one online and made it fit. Its a little different from the original one for a Gambler trailer but looks just like the one that all the cookie cutter boats have. I believe I ordered it through trailer parts super store. Just had to drill a couple of holes different. Wasn't that big of a deal. Mine is a 2006.
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

7. Member
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

8. Member
    Why would anyone buy generic parts that may or not fit or work rather than buy from the manufacturer of trailer. I have bought from Ameritrail several times over the past 20 years and the price is right, parts are correct, and deliveries quick.

9. Member
    Because both times I called Ameritrail they were absolute idiots and could not even tell me what a Gambler boat was. They had no fn clue what I was talking about. So I have gone other ways to buy parts. I gave them the serial number of the trailer and they said "oh yeah that doesnt mean anything. We dont keep up with serial numbers." So thats why I did not have a choice but to buy a "generic" part. Even though its the same thing that trailer manufactures use. Glad someone is able to get something out of Ameritrail trailers. Im not calling them again
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

Quote Originally Posted by sbg View Post
    Because both times I called Ameritrail they were absolute idiots and could not even tell me what a Gambler boat was. They had no fn clue what I was talking about. So I have gone other ways to buy parts. I gave them the serial number of the trailer and they said "oh yeah that doesnt mean anything. We dont keep up with serial numbers." So thats why I did not have a choice but to buy a "generic" part. Even though its the same thing that trailer manufactures use. Glad someone is able to get something out of Ameritrail trailers. Im not calling them again
    im gonna 2nd this...
    i had to reach out to them with 2 boats now... and on both boats(gamblers) they acted like they knew nothing about it...had me send them pics , and then they wouldn't even reply or call back...serial numbers mean NOTHING to them either...its like they dont even have a database to look up serial numbers...
    this last time, all i needed was a cap and O-ring...sent them multiple pics and they couldn't find the parts...finally, they tried to "hook me up" with a new style actuator that would have required me to cut mine off, weld this one on, and it was the raised style so i was also gonna need to change my reciever....
    ...went on amazon, found it within 10 mins...had it here in 2 days...spent $12...
    sucky part is, if my actuator ever does expire....WTH will i do!!!????

so i feel for the OP....
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

oh and i forgot....
    i actually was considering having them build me a new trailer for this boat...
    would you believe they said i would actually have to pull my boat down there and leave it with them for them to build a trailer to fit.....

i was like, "YOU DUMBASS HAVE BUILT 500 AMERITRAIL tandem axle trailers to fit 2100's....and i gotta pull mine down there so you can measure it?????"
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

12. Member
    Low slung Im glad Im not the only one that has had fits with them. Gotta do what ya gotta do to get parts. Sorry to say but just about all parts on trailers they get from the same places. Not much different manufacturer to manufacturer.
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

13. Member
    They told me they no longer make the actuator and I will have to cut mine off and replace with either a ufp that the majority of other manufacturers use, or I could buy the tie down engineering one previously mentioned from them (but would still have to cut the current one off). I was surprised to find that they have no replacement parts.

14. Member
    The Tie Down unit I used was identical to the factory actuator. No cutting involved.

15. Member
    The one I posted I didnt have to cut anything off. I had to drill a couple of holes and cut that section where the slide goes but thats it. Really wasnt that bad.
    '06 Gambler 2100
    '06 Mercury Racing 250XS

16. Member
    To the people with problems from Ameratrail, talk to Mark next time. He is who I ask for when ordering parts and has not steered me wrong. Spoke to a new guy in parts on switching to"oil bath" bearings, to which he told me "All of our bearings have oil in them" . So I think you might have had some of the newbies.
    2012 Sterling
    2017 250xs Racing