Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    I have been catfishing lately north of the 68 bridge and trying to protect the carpet. Still getting a little slime around the livewell edges. The blues I am catching are on the west side of the main channel 30 ft plus top breaking into the main river. They can be targeted using your sonar. I will try and get some screenshots next time out.

Damn, they hammer a small chunk of strawberry hotdog.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    I have been catfishing lately north of the 68 bridge and trying to protect the carpet. Still getting a little slime around the livewell edges. The blues I am catching are on the west side of the main channel 30 ft plus top breaking into the main river. They can be targeted using your sonar. I will try and get some screenshots next time out.

Damn, they hammer a small chunk of strawberry hotdog.
    That's good to know - a few weeks ago I was doing well south of 68, on the east side of the main channel, targeting the 25 to 30 ft depth along the ridge/dropoff. They were eating cut skipjack pretty well. Got one that went 30 lbs

20375764_10102761519509944_8784541795507435860_n.jpg

3. Member
    The ones I am catching are under 5 pounds. I like the small ones and give the big ones away to the neighbors.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    The ones I am catching are under 5 pounds. I like the small ones and give the big ones away to the neighbors.
    I can fill a freezer quicker with the big ones. Ate some of that 30 pounder Tuesday night, tasted just fine! Key is getting rid of the red meat and soaking in saltwater prior to cooking.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234