Piedmont Tournament Trail - Proposed Classic date change

Someone suggested we move the Classic to late September to avoid the heat and potential loss of fish. Since we had several dead fish floating off the ramp at the last Jordan tournament I think this sounds like a pretty good idea. If I don't hear any feedback otherwise I'll plan to reschedule for Sept 17th.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

2. Member
    The reason i didnt fish 3 this year was because of the classic date. I will be out of town. If you change the date you should have a make up tournament for the people that only fished 2.
    Last edited by Badfish.rb; 07-24-2017 at 11:54 AM.

3. Member
    Sept. 17th is not good for me. I could do the 10th or the 24th. But I'm good with whatever the group wants.

Hmmm, well this inclines me to just stick with the original schedule. As much as I hate losing fish, it's really not a great idea to make a change late in the game.

I'm working on a system with mesh bags to go in your weigh in bag and a 120 quart aerated cooler to hold the fish in while we wait in line to weigh them. Maybe that will help a bit.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Banned
    Hope the temps don't get typical August hot to effect fish in livewells. Just thinking of our last Jordan tournament and dead fish at the ramp at weigh-in.
    Last edited by Heelman99; 07-24-2017 at 06:36 PM.

I am good with the date change and having another tournament to allow those another opportunity to fish the classic..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Hmmm, well this inclines me to just stick with the original schedule. As much as I hate losing fish, it's really not a great idea to make a change late in the game.

I'm working on a system with mesh bags to go in your weigh in bag and a 120 quart aerated cooler to hold the fish in while we wait in line to weigh them. Maybe that will help a bit.
    Bruce the care of the Bass in the livewells of our boats from the time they are caught and placed in them, possibly soon after launching, is the most critical for them to survive especially when the temps of the water in the livewells are above 75*. That could be 6 hours plus. If the air temps are at 95* and or better the aerators do nothing but pump that 95*+ air through the water in the livewells only to add to warming it. I would suggest adding as large as possible pieces of Ice as possible. As you have stated care at the weigh-in is a good thing but care during the time in the livewells during the tournament are the most important for the fish's survival. Another factor is knowing the importance of Fizzing fish caught in deep water.

I also agree with CigarBasser and having an additional tx for those in the situation as badfish is in Have at it.
    Last edited by Heelman99; 07-24-2017 at 08:29 PM.

8. Member
    I appreciate yall saying that. Bruce, dont let me affect the date change. Ill be good either way and totally understand. Makes sense to me to save the fish.

I think a date change to cooler temps is a good idea.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

As I thought about it I don't think it is a good idea to make this kind of change this late in the year. We'll stick with the original Classic date and so our best to keep our fish healthy.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow