Razor 4XL Reduced diameter (14 5/8")

Hey guys I'm just wondering if any of you have run this prop before and if so how does it compare to other props you have run? How would it compare to say a 26P trophy plus? pitch for pitch?
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

2. Member
    Ask ol man river he's the only one I know who has a 14 5/8" Razor 4 xl.

Im hoping to run one this coming week on my 294 Bubba.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    Im hoping to run one this coming week on my 294 Bubba.
    What pitch did you get?

5. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba201proxl View Post
    Hey guys I'm just wondering if any of you have run this prop before and if so how does it compare to other props you have run? How would it compare to say a 26P trophy plus? pitch for pitch?
    faster than an xl …id say its pretty close to a trophy plus in pitch. stiffer than an original bravo 1 of the same pitch, but not by much . not as fast as a bravo1 out of the hole, but what is ? its dang close though…..

ive bumped into all sorts of stuff in rodman this year with it, without a blemish. a bravo would have been back to mark for repair at least twice….

love my 26 razor 4 'X'
    soon i will be sending mark my 25 xl to be turned into an X. great prop
    Last edited by ol man river; 07-26-2017 at 09:41 PM.

6. Member
    Ok man river I'm turning a 26p trophy plus now to 5700-5750 at 72.5-73mph in the 95+ heat. I want a fall and early spring prop. You think a 27p reduced razor xl would be the ticket?

I talked to him about getting a 25 to try. He said he was going to try to get me one this week. I know he stays busy.

8. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba201proxl View Post
    Ok man river I'm turning a 26p trophy plus now to 5700-5750 at 72.5-73mph in the 95+ heat. I want a fall and early spring prop. You think a 27p reduced razor xl would be the ticket?
    depending on your max rpms i would go with a 26 and turn it harder. but thats me. mark is the one to check with. trophys are fast, but at higher engine heights tend to become 3 blades , the main reason i dont run them. i usually run 13/8 " bp. for a winter prop at those rpms, a 27 x may be about right. again, mark is the expert.
    no you cant borrow my 26 X

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ol man river View Post
    depending on your max rpms i would go with a 26 and turn it harder. but thats me. mark is the one to check with. trophys are fast, but at higher engine heights tend to become 3 blades , the main reason i dont run them. i usually run 13/8 " bp. for a winter prop at those rpms, a 27 x may be about right. again, mark is the expert.
    no you cant borrow my 26 X

Well there must be something to it if you wont let me borrow that 26 pitch you got! lol Looks like I'm gonna have to get one of my own! lol

10. Member
    Ok guys so I raised the motor up 1/2" yesterday and ran it and now I'm running 5850-5900 rpms @ 73.7 mph with the 26p trophy. What pitch Razor 4XL would you run for the cooler weather? Would a 27p be too much? I'm going to keep the reduced razor 4XL, keep that in mind. Thanks!