**Minn Kota Terrova Shuts Down When Prop Speeds Up** (2017 New Model)

Had tourney yesterday and shortly after launch kicked motor on to high speed and noticed it kept shutting down. Turned it down to # 8 and would power all the way up. Than as day went couldn't go past #4 without it kicking out.

Shutting down / kicking out means when you hit any switch to start motor as soon as it would hit its full speed motor shit down n would just keep doing it on off etc. Didn't matter if u hit foot pedal interminate switch, constant on or anchor mode. When got to fullest prop speed u had set on would start acting up. Powered it down at the unit couple times and still same thing.

Acted like a rev limiter essentially.

Thoughts? Have call in to my dealer already.

Low voltage .
    Lose wire or the correct size wire and breaker ?
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

3. Member
    Brand new Ranger 621 with less than 50 hours. Never an issue and batteries were fully charged. Doesn't power down whole TM where needs turned back on. Just shuts power off to prop.

Thinking its the board

4. Member
    The Terrovas and Ulterras are really voltage sensitive. In troubleshooting, I would check the voltage at the plug with the trolling motor turned on and in the water. It sounds like a voltage / resistance issue
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    I'm having the same problem!

my batteries were old and got new ones. Still won't run on 9-10 for more then a minute without shutting off.

i checked voltage all is good. The only thing new is the minn Kota 60 amp breaker. It doesn't pop, but I have a feeling it's related to this. Going to change to a different brand

do you have the same breaker??

6. Member
    This is definitely power issue. Loose connection , bad or faulty breaker, bad or faulty battery. Only way to test a bad battery it to do the load test that John suggested or use a load tester. It will definitely find a bad battery. Boat related wiring problem should be checked thoroughly. Should be easy to spot. Make sure you check the plug on the troll motor too. If all the above checks out, it may be a board issue. Rarely this is a problem, but it could be. I am with John on this.