Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Finally getting me a tandem trailer!!

Love my boat but she sure is heavy. With that said for the life of me have no clue why this boat would be sold on a single axle trailer. I have been looking for a tandem and I just purchased a used Skeeter tandem trailer. Previously toted a mid 90s ZX225. Looking to put my Astro on it. Pretty sure the bunks will not be lining up to hold the Astro. Will be 2-3 weeks before I actually have it in my possession. Will probably need to cut off old bunk supports and replace with adjustable. Want to add a fold away tongue, new LED lights and hopefully add SS fenders as well. Suggestions on best place to get these parts from? Thanks in advance...

2. Member
    It may fit fine with some minor adjustments as you mentioned. Putting a single on a big boat is a way for boat companies to save a buck or two and some people prefer single even on a heavier boat. That thing should look good with a Tandum.

3. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    I think it will look better and handle better. Especially if I can get me a nice set of SS fenders. Possibly want to do some sort of liner/paint to the trailer after cleaning it up as well.

4. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Yea, one of those things they slip past (mostly 1st time) buyers to save $.. I wanted a tandem for mine for years before finally pulling the trigger.. Then my mistake was letting them build it with 13" wheels, (again to save $) thinking I'd just swap to 14" when I got a second set of rims that matched my (astro) trailer originals.. Problem is, the 13's have a shorter distance between axles, narrower fenders, etc.. So it'll be another healthy chunk of $ to switch.. Cheaper to just bite the bullet and have it done the right way from the get go.. Live and learn..

Oh and congrats on the new trailer! Sounds like it'll be sweet with just a little tweaking!

5. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    I will take pics of before and after on it. I'm excited to be keeping this one around a while. Already had someone show interest in the single as well. But have to make sure I can get this to work with no issues before I sell it. And to be honest other than for my worry of the load (all me as factory certainly knew the engineering specifics) and wanting to spread the weight this trailer is in good shape. Channel trailer so sturdy!

6. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Finally have the trailer in my possession. It's a used Skeeter channel trailer. Bunks will need to be reset. Don't see an issue there. The painted fenders have a good bit of rust so either need to do some work to them and repaint or cut them off and install new ones. Would like to add SS fenders. Possible. My biggest concern right now is this trailer has an older style removable tongue. The winch stand is a few inches higher than what is on mine now and does not adjust. So really will need to either take the one off of my trailer or find me a replacement. That's where I need some help. I have checked overtons, eastern trailer, etc... and don't see anything close. Any suggestions on where to get another one?

You tried etrailer.com? They have tons of stuff.

8. Member
    There's a guy right down the street from you in Jackson Georgia that redoes trailers. He's redoing my buds custom line trailer right now. I can get you his number if interested.

9. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Yes please - might be worth it for me to put a few more $$ into this as I just don't have the time myself at the moment.