Thread: Let's see 'em!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. Member
    I believe they are original, atleast they look like the original set up. The bottom seat bases are on a heavy duty aluminum frame that hinges to the floor. The center section of each seat is held to the frame with velcro, so you can remove it to get leaves and dirt out of it. There is also a center seat that attaches with velcro also. I leave it out and use the area as a step.
    2000 Sprint 221 DC Tournament
    2000 Mercury 200 carb
    Humminbird 898c si
    Humminbird 865c
    Lowrance X48

2. Member
    Last edited by 71runner440; 05-14-2019 at 10:15 PM.

I'm back w/a 2001 280 PRO (under powered Yami). I bought it as a project to restore a little and make her water worthy once a agin. It's been sitting outside uncovered for quite a few years, seat stitching ripped/weathered, Gel-Coat rough as 60 grit sand paper, lots of electrical issues etc, etc. She's a work in progress, here it is after 2 weekends of Wet Sanding 800 then 1000, Buff w/3M Rubbing compound, halfway there. It's kick'n my azz..................

In the Mod dept. I've already added:

Humminbird Helix 8 GPS/DI up front
    In dash USB Phone Charger

Things still needed:
    More wet sanding & buffing.....
    Bilge Pump
    Switches
    New Fuse Panel
    Speedo
    Temp Gauge
    Volt Gauge
    Tachometer
    All wiring redone except engine harness
    Trim Gauge
    Battery Mounting Board
    Upholstery or new seats
    Carpet or may rip it out and use Truck Bed Liner in lieu of carpet.
    Trailer needs a complete rewire

I'm sure I left a few things out.......
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    It's coming along Gary.....My shoulders cry when I try and polish up the rig anymore !! What are your plans? Gonna do a motor swap or keep what ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    It's coming along Gary.....My shoulders cry when I try and polish up the rig anymore !! What are your plans? Gonna do a motor swap or keep what ya got?
    I feel your pain as well Michael, at 73 my o'l bones ain't what they used to be. As for re-powering, I really don't know at this time, haven't even had it out yet. I think I'll just use it for a year and make the call in 2021. (If) I do re-power, nothing wild, those days are over, maybe an o'l 150 XR-6 carb motor that needs a rebuild will fit the bill. I've had my fill of burned up EFI motor issues from fuel injectors going lean, it's back to old school for me.
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

6. Member
    Hey mike where did you get your new dash panels and the front panel from?

7. Member
    Hey guys I’m new here to the site! I also have a work in progress! Mines a 1999 207 DC pro tournament that had a 1999 225 EFI on it but after the second rebuild on it I said nah not no more lol so last week I just put a 2017 250 pro xs on her and now I’m having to learn how to drive it all over again! I’ve put the new seats in and new carpet and a helix 5 up front and lowrance 7 by the dash. I’m looking to replace the windshields and get the top cap re-gelcoated! It’s a great boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Bgreer909 View Post
    Hey guys I’m new here to the site! I also have a work in progress! Mines a 1999 207 DC pro tournament that had a 1999 225 EFI on it but after the second rebuild on it I said nah not no more lol so last week I just put a 2017 250 pro xs on her and now I’m having to learn how to drive it all over again! I’ve put the new seats in and new carpet and a helix 5 up front and lowrance 7 by the dash. I’m looking to replace the windshields and get the top cap re-gelcoated! It’s a great boat!

Hey..... welcome aboard the Sprint site. Great look'n boat you have there, it should git-up-and go with that 250 on it.
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

9. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Welcome aboard Bgreer !! Nice rig ! I put a 250 Evinrude non HO on my 98 207 and love it. That xs should be pushing close to 25 more ponies....Stay safe and ENJOY!

10. Member
    Thanks guys! I’m still trying to get her all dialed in! It’s a lot different than my old EFI, this thing is a beast and she really likes to start dancing a lot once I hit 69-70 so I’m still trying to tweak my set up to try and fix most of that and to learn how to drive it lol.

Thanks guys! I’m still trying to get her all dialed in! It’s a lot different than my old EFI, this thing is a beast and she really likes to start dancing a lot once I hit 69-70 so I’m still trying to tweak my set up to try and fix most of that and to learn how to drive it lol.
    The SPRINT hulls were not really designed for warp speed (), at 70, yeah she's gonna start dancing as your strakes are now completely out of the water and tail dragging on a radius'd hull w/no strakes in the water, well lets just say, better bring allot of TP with you cause there's gonna be a mess to clean up eventually !!!!!!!!!! Trust me I've been there on my o'l 290 DC with a Merc EFI Mod'd 225x and a 1.63 sporty on the back swinging a 28P Drag 4.....
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

12. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikon Man View Post
    The SPRINT hulls were not really designed for warp speed (), at 70, yeah she's gonna start dancing as your strakes are now completely out of the water and tail dragging on a radius'd hull w/no strakes in the water, well lets just say, better bring allot of TP with you cause there's gonna be a mess to clean up eventually !!!!!!!!!! Trust me I've been there on my o'l 290 DC with a Merc EFI Mod'd 225x and a 1.63 sporty on the back swinging a 28P Drag 4.....
    What Gary said....Sprints are decent running rigs and fishing rigs....the hull is not set up for the high speed runs like the light layup rigs. They will run a respectable speed loaded and fish well.

I can't attach a photo

14. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=129 Try this link to see if it helps.

I've actually thought of (maybe) trying to add a 10" to 12" wide glass pad to the hull to allow more speed and stability. Project for 2022 ?????????????
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

16. Member
    1996 sprint 277 pro tournamentboat trailer9.jpg

17. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    CLEAN!!! Nice !

18. Member
    was the seats in the boat when you got the boat

19. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    If you look at the upside down u on the seat bottoms and backs you will see that it's the original Sprint seats.....Yea, I'd like a set like that rather than the old bench seat.....

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910