Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Mercury Pro Team Gear

I was wanting to purchase a few shirts and hats off the mercury pro team website and while completing the transaction I noticed some small red print at the bottom of the page that said if you were not a sponsored angler you could be fined for purchasing the gear from that particular site. Anyone know anything about this??

2. Member
    It's been talked about before on here. It's "Pro Team" gear. If you're not part of their Pro Team, you can't wear their gear. I think it's kind of silly because they could make a killing off of it, but that's their choice.

3. Member
    You would think they wouldn't care, just free advertising for them.
    Praying for a Cure

4. Banned
    That is pure stupidity on Mercurys part.

I've always wondered who would fine you if you placed an order. Order some stuff and see what happens.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I've always wondered who would fine you if you placed an order. Order some stuff and see what happens.
    I ordered some stuff and nothing happened. Outlaw life

7. Banned
    Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Quick way to get charged with wire fraud

9. Member
    I don't see anything on the page saying that "you may be fined".
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

10. Member
    It has nothing to do with free advertising. It has to do with ethics, and expectations of a Pro Team member. Say someone has a Pro Team item on and is acting, boating etc. in a manner that discredits Mercury, it doesn't look good for the company. My question is if you're not a team member, why would you want Pro Team clothing? The Mercury Dock Store has an awesome line of clothing and accessories for non team members.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

I guess ZOOM better stop selling their hats at WalMart...

Quote Originally Posted by Shef View Post
    My question is if you're not a team member, why would you want Pro Team clothing?
    The same reason people have Jerseys made and are not sponsored by any company on them.
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

13. Member
    Its pretty simple if they really want to limit merchandise to sponsored individuals - use a membership login. If its open to Johnny public, then get you some if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    Its pretty simple if they really want to limit merchandise to sponsored individuals - use a membership login. If its open to Johnny public, then get you some if you want it.
    Sounds like good marketing. Put that statement on anything and people will want it even more. If you think about it, by wearing the logo you become part of their PROmotional team.

15. Member
    I found a particular hat on the pro team site I wanted to purchase. I did a general search for mercury apparel and the site came up. Loaded my cart with some merchandise (that displays Mercury on it....which I do own) and when proceeding to check out I read the disclaimer that reads " PLEASE READ: This Mercury Pro Team apparel site is operated by Threds, Inc. under the permission of Mercury Marine. This site is exclusively for Mercury Marine sponsored Pro Team anglers. The clothing items are not meant for the general public nor to be made available for resale through any other mediums (websites, retail stores, boating events etc.). By purchasing any apparel from this site, you are representing that you are a Mercury Marine sponsored Pro Team Angler, and acknowledge that the purchase or apparel from this site by any other party for any purpose is trademark infringement, and subject to liquidated damages of five hundred dollars ($500.00) per item purchased.
    If you are not a sponsored Mercury Pro Team angler, you can still purchase Mercury branded apparel at our other site, www.mercurydockstore.com. "

I was not trying to display a sponsorship or order a team jersey....just a hat that was not sold at the mercury dock store site and was curious if anyone had seen or noticed this before.

16. Banned
    You get the cell next to the guy who ripped that label off of someone else's mattress...

Thug life

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    You get the cell next to the guy who ripped that label off of someone else's mattress...
    Praying for a Cure

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Thug life
    Double
    Praying for a Cure

20. Member
    I've bought several items from the dock store. Expensive is the norm. Just because you've spent 60k + on a rig doesn't matter? BS who the hell keeps the sponsors in business? They're getting free PR. Makes no sense to me. But wait....my Mercury Calvin Kline LS shirt is made in Bangladesh & my Mercury shorts (blue) are made in China....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast