Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I used to be on the Mercury Pro Team and they gave you crap to wear and stickers plus you could order what you wanted. Each mercury dealer gets to select a certain number of guys for their pro team at different levels. I was on the bottom rung and got a $500 discount on any Mercury I bought. I fish with a friend who gets about $2500 off. Had to go work a show somewhere for the dealer every winter. Now that I'm not on it will they fine me if I wear it? I would like to see that.

2. Member
    I raced boats for several years. 1st rule of wearing someone's logo....if if they are not a sponsor and contribute to my cause....their logo, name, or likeness will not be represented nor displayed on any uniform, boat, or vehicle. I don't believe in buying someone's product and then paying them again to advertise their product or name. Duh......

Stratos 21XL Magnum
    Mercury 250 Pro XB

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    You get the cell next to the guy who ripped that label off of someone else's mattress...
    And, you have to go sit on the Group W bench with the mother rapers, father stabbers, and father rapers!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    I ordered a couple shirts awhile back, I'm not on the pro staff. I got an email afterwards wanting me to rate my experience purchasing the products.....a far cry from "were fining you."

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JYoung022 View Post
    I raced boats for several years. 1st rule of wearing someone's logo....if if they are not a sponsor and contribute to my cause....their logo, name, or likeness will not be represented nor displayed on any uniform, boat, or vehicle. I don't believe in buying someone's product and then paying them again to advertise their product or name. Duh......

So so I take it you're sponsored by Stratos and Mercury by the way you are advertising with your signature?

6. Member
    I don't have a dog in this hunt as I'm not sponsored and don't own a Mercury.... But as an observation it reminds me of the performance automotive sites that sell headers and other items. They all say "for off road use only" but that's to keep them out of hot water. They could care less what you do with it.

im sure that applies here as well....who exactly are these supposed sponsor police?

7. Member
    PLEASE READ: This Mercury Pro Team apparel site is operated by Threds, Inc. under the permission of Mercury Marine. This site is exclusively for Mercury Marine sponsored Pro Team anglers. The clothing items are not meant for the general public*nor*to be made available for resale through any other mediums (websites, retail stores, boating events etc.). By purchasing any apparel from this site, you are representing that you are a Mercury Marine sponsored Pro Team Angler, and acknowledge that the purchase or apparel from this site by any other party for any purpose is trademark infringement, and subject to liquidated damages of five hundred dollars ($500.00) per item purchased.*
    If you are not a sponsored Mercury Pro Team angler, you can still purchase Mercury branded apparel at our other site,www.mercurydockstore.com. "

If it's on the Internet it has to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shef View Post
    It has nothing to do with free advertising. It has to do with ethics, and expectations of a Pro Team member. Say someone has a Pro Team item on and is acting, boating etc. in a manner that discredits Mercury, it doesn't look good for the company. My question is if you're not a team member, why would you want Pro Team clothing? The Mercury Dock Store has an awesome line of clothing and accessories for non team members.

understood but they should control their product and give them to the PRO TEAM MEMBERS and not SELL on a public website......
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by DURASPANK View Post
    PLEASE READ: This Mercury Pro Team apparel site is operated by Threds, Inc. under the permission of Mercury Marine. This site is exclusively for Mercury Marine sponsored Pro Team anglers. The clothing items are not meant for the general public*nor*to be made available for resale through any other mediums (websites, retail stores, boating events etc.). By purchasing any apparel from this site, you are representing that you are a Mercury Marine sponsored Pro Team Angler, and acknowledge that the purchase or apparel from this site by any other party for any purpose is trademark infringement, and subject to liquidated damages of five hundred dollars ($500.00) per item purchased.*
    If you are not a sponsored Mercury Pro Team angler, you can still purchase Mercury branded apparel at our other site,www.mercurydockstore.com. "

If it's on the Internet it has to be true.

oh my, I can see the bashing begin if one of us gets fined $500 for buying a hat
    Last edited by Bill2e; 07-25-2017 at 04:33 AM.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    And, you have to go sit on the Group W bench with the mother rapers, father stabbers, and father rapers!
    "And they all moved away from me on the Group W bench"
    Hi Mike.

11. Member
    Did anyone order?
    I know it's a old thread
    sounds like a few ordered previously

I know people who have ordered from them and are not sponsored by anyone. U can get alot of the newer stuff from the mercury website without the pro team logo.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

13. Member
    I have a bunch of stuff I can let go. If u need hats or shirts. I think I have the silver hoodie too...pm me your email. I can send pics of what I have. Switching to yammy. Yay

One up them. Go with the Mercury Racing Garb while they're still around

http://costore.com/mercuryracing/welcome.asp

15. Member
    The old red yellow and orange racing gear looked better. I should order some and see what kind of looks I get with a 115 4S.

16. Banned
    I've bought plenty off there. Dockstore and proteam store.

If they really cared who bought that stuff...it wouldn't be publicly available.

Thug life. Get tough or die tryin.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12