Thread: New Skeeters...

New Skeeters...

Seen a couple of new Skeeters at the world deer expo in Birmingham today. Crawled around in the zx250 and did not like the new layout on the zx models at all. The layout on the fx is very similar to the 2015 zx model I have. The yellow fx is a sharp ride. The blue zx is a good looking boat but I can't do the layout. The zx also has the center step. This layout seems to me to cut down on storage. One of the things I liked about them was the carpeted glove box with the latch. I guess it's something I could get used to, the layout is. Price wasn't that much different in last year's models. $63k for the Fx20 and $53k for the zx250... Very certain that's what I seen....
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

I like the new ZX layout - the only issue I see is that they should have included the floor garbage can compartment like on the FX and they could have also made some small storage with that front step. Otherwise though I really like it.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    I like the new ZX layout - the only issue I see is that they should have included the floor garbage can compartment like on the FX and they could have also made some small storage with that front step. Otherwise though I really like it.

i THINK the salesman told me they moved the gas tank forward some. that's probably the reason that opening is gone.

Hopefully when they did that they made a little more space for the live wells too - then I'd say I could live with that!
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

I like the new layout a lot. Think it is very practical for tournament fishing and storage. Only change I would make is changing the other Day Box out for a Trash Receptacle. I really like that feature on the Nitros. I would also like to see better livewells on the boat also. I would buy a new 2018 if I could afford one or sell my 2013 ZX200.

Dan

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drjochum73 View Post
    I like the new layout a lot. Think it is very practical for tournament fishing and storage. Only change I would make is changing the other Day Box out for a Trash Receptacle. I really like that feature on the Nitros. I would also like to see better livewells on the boat also. I would buy a new 2018 if I could afford one or sell my 2013 ZX200.

Dan
    Heck, my single day box usually turns into trash bin by the end of the day.. LOL
    2016 Skeeter ZX225

7. Member
    I like mine just the way it is!!!
    Savage 2016 ZX250/ 250 SHO

Much yack on new ZX layout...probably most buyers WILL adjust to the layout...its not a game changer...
    the 2 bait trays are a huge plus IMHO...many guys put 3-4 of the soft baits they start with in a tray, maybe now all the hard baits will also be at hand in the added 2nd tray...sounds like a plus....
    the "comfort zone" is the layout thing here...what percent get into it year 1...

the buyer jury will render a verdict on all changes by May 2018 I suspect...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

I would buy if I was in the market but since I like the 15 model so much I don't see me leaving it for the new one... And I'm sure they'll sell just fine with the new layout... Just wish someone or later they'd drop the bottom in the livewell to make it a bit deeper below the waterline. There's plenty of room there...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand