Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

xb21 bassport pro skid planer

how does boat run without the planer i hav no problems getting on plane im running hydrotec motor got plenty of power and 1.75 gears ,im wanting to remove it want to hear your comments thanks

Do you have the long or short version? The newer boats have several inches cut off from what the older boats have. Mine sticks out 4.5" from the hull and it is the longer version.

I have pulled mine off before, but never run it with it off.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

3. Member
    I cut 4.5" off and my holeshot is noticeably less good bet I like it better in rough water. One day will upgrade to current in between version

4. Member
    My bet is it won't get on plane without it. My boat is a 2016 have a fair hole shot with the stock planner. I have put one on that is cut even with the back of the boat my hole shot was bad then.

5. Member
    Really that much difference. I was hoping not to spend 275 in near future but that makes the case more intriguing to get the new style one.i new my holeshot got worse trimming to even with boat but don't remember it being that drastic

6. Member
    I've run without mine and it was fine, only lost a little hole shot and I've got a 250xs with 1.62 gears turning a 27p xob. I've run with the plate that extended 4 inches behind the transom, without it, I did cut it so it only extends 1/2 inch beyond the transom. With it cut it still helps with the hole shot but is no longer affecting the boat in rough water. All the testing was done with a full load. I'd think a hydrotec motor with 1.75 gears would be fine without it but there's only 1 way to find out.

Johnny Johnson

7. Member
    I cut mine off shorter than the back of the boat because of the handling at high speeds and that problem was corrected but it greatly effected my hole shot with a heavy load

8. Member
    I know triton21 has been 95 with the full planer and 90+ a bunch. I am ready to go back halfway but not full. I don't think it turns will with the full plate...

9. Member
    If u don't mind me asking how does the planer affect the boat in rough water? I think I have the old full length one. Does it push the nose of the boat down too much in the big swells? Thanks

10. Member
    taking it in to steve at hydrodynamics this morning we are taking it off and cutting it down, i will get back with results, thanks for the help

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hubert davis View Post
    If u don't mind me asking how does the planer affect the boat in rough water? I think I have the old full length one. Does it push the nose of the boat down too much in the big swells? Thanks
    Yes

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rifles11 View Post
    taking it in to steve at hydrodynamics this morning we are taking it off and cutting it down, i will get back with results, thanks for the help
    Maybe try just cutting 2" off to start.

13. Member
    When you get it back powdercoat it so it won't stick out like a sore thumb.

Johnny Johnson

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Mine sticks out 2" but its not rounded like the current version. Ive been debating taking mine off or at least cutting it flush with transom.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

15. Member
    well i had steve at hydro dynamics remove mine today cut it and we only left a quarter inch sticking out past the bottom now this thing will run very happy thanks for all the heip, now i need a 30 PROMAX

You can come grab mine if you want to try one before you get one.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    You can come grab mine if you want to try one before you get one.
    RR. How do you like it? I haven't tried mine yet.. but I only have a lil ole 250 and 1.75's. I also have a 28 Promax.
    Last edited by NOTGSXR; 07-25-2017 at 01:20 AM.

I'm a fan of the Promax. It has won the number 2 spot in my boat and displaced the bravo. Jay wouldn't let me give up on it. They are tricky to get the hole shot right with. 300 with 1.62's required 8 PVS holes. Jay with a 250 and 1.75's runs all plugged or no PVS holes. Both 30p Promax props are stock. I just added a second set of PVS holes to mine.

I have done a ton of data logging with the promax and it just flat out runs. Solid 90 mph prop on my boat all the time. The bravo wasn't as consistent. I can be way out of balance and run 90 on the Promax. The bravo wasn't as forgiving.

I did a data logged comparison between the 30p promax and the 30p bravo xs (I got it from rfiles11) and two props ran almost identical numbers to 90. The bravo slowed down at 90 and ended up at 93 and some change. The Promax ran 94 and had more. I got rid of the bravo and stuck with the Promax. Bravos on my boat tend to walk off right over 93/94 so I have never pushed beyond that with one. The Promax doesn't have that issue. I haven't run a promax to max yet
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

19. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    RR, you saying a ProMax prop needs 8 PVS holes on a 300XS with 162 gears?? REally?? But what pitch? I'm running 28P props and my bravo and hydro XOB have 8 holes but the 28P Promax I tried had 4 holes with 2 open and the opposite two had the large hole plugs.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Take a look. This was with a 30P promax. It is the only promax I have data on. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=831218
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast