Thread: NORRIS LAKE

NORRIS LAKE

GOING TO NORRIS IN FIRST WEEK OF SEPT ANY IDEAS ON WHAT BAITS TO USE AND WHERE TO FISH----FIRST TIME THERE

2. Banned
    That's Labor Day week... Night or Day fishing???... Dan

3. Member
    THE FEW DAYS AFTER LABOR DAY, AND PROBABLY DAY FISHING MOSTLY

4. Member
    Best place to fish is any other lake in the state

5. Banned
    Water will still be warm and the TVA will probably be in the initial stages of the winter draw down. If it were me I'd concentrate on laydowns, shade and mud lines. Fish moving baits, spinnerbaits, crankbaits in and around the laydowns, then pull out and throw t-rigged or shakey head lizzards and baby brush hogs out a little deeper. Keep a topwater on the deck because you may see some schooling action also... That's a tough time but fish can be caught... Good luck... Dan

6. Member
    I have fished there around that time. Did well with a big walking bait around timber, a 5xd cranking points and skipping a swimbait under and around boat docks. But the best was dropshotring brushpiles for big spots. If you want to run all the way up the river they will demolish a black and purple buzzbait

7. Member
    I recommend the creek mouths and drops. I have had good luck with Senko's once I found fish
    I like to throw a shad colored crankbait to find feeding fish. Norris is a really clear lake so make sure to have a fluoro leader or the very least mono. Life like colored baits do best here also.

8. Member
    I will be heading there Friday evening for the first time...will be putting in the cedar grove area

9. Member
    A lot of people call it the TN dead sea lol. But they don't run a fluoro leader. Its a really clear lake and you will see it right off the bat.